Social media beauty index: free mascara causes Facebook frenzy
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Beauty brand Clinique is giving away 100,000 free mascaras through February 25, and it's paying off: almost 150,000 new followers clicked "Like" this week.
In second place: cult deodorant brand Axe (its Axe Angels Club follows in fourth place), which launched a special music project called One Night Only that brings artists such as Weezer to intimate venues (those interested have to "Like" the Facebook page in order to get more information). Find out more at http://www.theaxeeffect.com/music.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Clinique: + 149,856 (total fans: 428,409)
02. AXE: + 84,994 (total fans: 944,370)
03. Dove: + 53,355 (total fans: 399,195)
04. Axe Angels Club: + 31,871 (total fans: 1,190,760)
05. Origins: + 28,878 (total fans: 181,278)
06. CoverGirl: + 16,624 (total fans: 728,038)
07. Bath & Body Works: + 16,488 (total fans: 1,484,196)
08. Revlon: + 14,394 (total fans: 259,211)
09. MAC Cosmetics: + 13,535 (total fans: 1,568,751)
10. Burt's Bees: + 11,945 (total fans: 273,990)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...