Social media beauty index: free mascara causes Facebook frenzy
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Beauty brand Clinique is giving away 100,000 free mascaras through February 25, and it's paying off: almost 150,000 new followers clicked "Like" this week.
In second place: cult deodorant brand Axe (its Axe Angels Club follows in fourth place), which launched a special music project called One Night Only that brings artists such as Weezer to intimate venues (those interested have to "Like" the Facebook page in order to get more information). Find out more at http://www.theaxeeffect.com/music.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Clinique: + 149,856 (total fans: 428,409)
02. AXE: + 84,994 (total fans: 944,370)
03. Dove: + 53,355 (total fans: 399,195)
04. Axe Angels Club: + 31,871 (total fans: 1,190,760)
05. Origins: + 28,878 (total fans: 181,278)
06. CoverGirl: + 16,624 (total fans: 728,038)
07. Bath & Body Works: + 16,488 (total fans: 1,484,196)
08. Revlon: + 14,394 (total fans: 259,211)
09. MAC Cosmetics: + 13,535 (total fans: 1,568,751)
10. Burt's Bees: + 11,945 (total fans: 273,990)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Persistent heartburn 'could be a sign of cancer', new survey warns
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Apple stopped a fingerprint scanner from appearing in Google’s Nexus 6
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: On behalf of a successful academy i...