Social media beauty index: MAC stays on top
Tuesday 01 February 2011
The highly anticipated launch of its Wonder Woman-inspired collection on February 10 as well as the release of new images from its Viva Glam campaign, starring Lady Gaga for the second time, have kept MAC Cosmetics on top of Famecount's beauty brands.
A new YouTube video released to promote Old Spice, again featuring "the man your man could smell like" Isaiah Mustafa, has prompted the fragrance to climb to third place, while competitor AXE only makes it to fifth despite its rather spectacular new TV ads.
The top ten brands in terms of "fans today" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
1. MAC Cosmetics
2. Bath & Body Works
3. Old Spice
7. Carol's Daughter
8. L'Oréal Paris
10. Mary Kay
Data recorded Tuesday, February 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
How to discover who your best friends are on WhatsApp - using a tool within the application
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This recognized leader in providing software s...
£40000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support company has a n...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A works engineer is required in a progressive ...