Social media beauty index: MAC stays on top
Tuesday 01 February 2011
The highly anticipated launch of its Wonder Woman-inspired collection on February 10 as well as the release of new images from its Viva Glam campaign, starring Lady Gaga for the second time, have kept MAC Cosmetics on top of Famecount's beauty brands.
A new YouTube video released to promote Old Spice, again featuring "the man your man could smell like" Isaiah Mustafa, has prompted the fragrance to climb to third place, while competitor AXE only makes it to fifth despite its rather spectacular new TV ads.
The top ten brands in terms of "fans today" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
1. MAC Cosmetics
2. Bath & Body Works
3. Old Spice
7. Carol's Daughter
8. L'Oréal Paris
10. Mary Kay
Data recorded Tuesday, February 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...