Social media beauty index: MAC stays on top
Tuesday 01 February 2011
The highly anticipated launch of its Wonder Woman-inspired collection on February 10 as well as the release of new images from its Viva Glam campaign, starring Lady Gaga for the second time, have kept MAC Cosmetics on top of Famecount's beauty brands.
A new YouTube video released to promote Old Spice, again featuring "the man your man could smell like" Isaiah Mustafa, has prompted the fragrance to climb to third place, while competitor AXE only makes it to fifth despite its rather spectacular new TV ads.
The top ten brands in terms of "fans today" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
1. MAC Cosmetics
2. Bath & Body Works
3. Old Spice
7. Carol's Daughter
8. L'Oréal Paris
10. Mary Kay
Data recorded Tuesday, February 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Group have been well ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...