Social media beauty index: sex sells
Tuesday 01 March 2011
Men's deodorant brand AXE is climbing up Famecount's rankings thanks to its sexy "Axe Angels" - the label's Indian branch has now even created a community, called the Axe Angels Club, which posts provocative pictures of models and sometimes even sex toys. The result: more than 30,000 new fans this week.
Clinique, Secret, and Dove are still popular thanks to campaigns they launched last month: Clinique gave away free mascara to its Facebook fans, Secret started a "meanness awareness" rally among high school students, and Dove continues its feelgood missions, including an online planner to schedule your next beauty treat.
The highest new entry this week is Maybelline, which is making waves online thanks to spokesmodels including Charlotte Kemp and Erin Wasson who star in its latest Fit Me foundation ads.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Clinique: +94,749 (total fans: 523,158)
02. Secret: +47,441 (total fans: 822,369)
03. Dove: +31,532 (total fans: 430,727)
04. Axe Angels Club: +31,511 (total fans: 1,222,271)
05. Maybelline New York - Canada: +25,885 (total fans: 87,686)
06. Hair Experts: +23,944 (total fans: 652,730)
07. AXE: +14,275 (total fans: 958,645)
08. Bath & Body Works: +14,199 (total fans: 1,498,395)
09. Softlips: +14,054 (total fans: 507,714)
10. Sephora: +13,059 (total fans: 1,213,104)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum plus 23 days holiday and pension scheme: Clearwater ...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 business...
£45000 - £50000 Per Annum 23 days holiday plus Pension scheme: Clearwater Peop...
£85 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Randstad Education is urgently...