Social media beauty index: sex sells
Tuesday 01 March 2011
Men's deodorant brand AXE is climbing up Famecount's rankings thanks to its sexy "Axe Angels" - the label's Indian branch has now even created a community, called the Axe Angels Club, which posts provocative pictures of models and sometimes even sex toys. The result: more than 30,000 new fans this week.
Clinique, Secret, and Dove are still popular thanks to campaigns they launched last month: Clinique gave away free mascara to its Facebook fans, Secret started a "meanness awareness" rally among high school students, and Dove continues its feelgood missions, including an online planner to schedule your next beauty treat.
The highest new entry this week is Maybelline, which is making waves online thanks to spokesmodels including Charlotte Kemp and Erin Wasson who star in its latest Fit Me foundation ads.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Clinique: +94,749 (total fans: 523,158)
02. Secret: +47,441 (total fans: 822,369)
03. Dove: +31,532 (total fans: 430,727)
04. Axe Angels Club: +31,511 (total fans: 1,222,271)
05. Maybelline New York - Canada: +25,885 (total fans: 87,686)
06. Hair Experts: +23,944 (total fans: 652,730)
07. AXE: +14,275 (total fans: 958,645)
08. Bath & Body Works: +14,199 (total fans: 1,498,395)
09. Softlips: +14,054 (total fans: 507,714)
10. Sephora: +13,059 (total fans: 1,213,104)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Full Stack ...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Solvency II SME (Pilla...