Social media beauty index: sex sells
Tuesday 01 March 2011
Men's deodorant brand AXE is climbing up Famecount's rankings thanks to its sexy "Axe Angels" - the label's Indian branch has now even created a community, called the Axe Angels Club, which posts provocative pictures of models and sometimes even sex toys. The result: more than 30,000 new fans this week.
Clinique, Secret, and Dove are still popular thanks to campaigns they launched last month: Clinique gave away free mascara to its Facebook fans, Secret started a "meanness awareness" rally among high school students, and Dove continues its feelgood missions, including an online planner to schedule your next beauty treat.
The highest new entry this week is Maybelline, which is making waves online thanks to spokesmodels including Charlotte Kemp and Erin Wasson who star in its latest Fit Me foundation ads.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Clinique: +94,749 (total fans: 523,158)
02. Secret: +47,441 (total fans: 822,369)
03. Dove: +31,532 (total fans: 430,727)
04. Axe Angels Club: +31,511 (total fans: 1,222,271)
05. Maybelline New York - Canada: +25,885 (total fans: 87,686)
06. Hair Experts: +23,944 (total fans: 652,730)
07. AXE: +14,275 (total fans: 958,645)
08. Bath & Body Works: +14,199 (total fans: 1,498,395)
09. Softlips: +14,054 (total fans: 507,714)
10. Sephora: +13,059 (total fans: 1,213,104)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Can SkySaga capture the Minecraft magic?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Pirelli calendar 2015: First plus-size model Candice Huffine is featured alongside Adriana Lima and Natalia Vodianova in a fetish-themed shoot
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Strong telesales or retail expe...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £Competitive: SThree: SThree Group and have be...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chief Engineer is required to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's leading Renewable Energy compa...