Social media beauty index: sex sells
Tuesday 01 March 2011
Men's deodorant brand AXE is climbing up Famecount's rankings thanks to its sexy "Axe Angels" - the label's Indian branch has now even created a community, called the Axe Angels Club, which posts provocative pictures of models and sometimes even sex toys. The result: more than 30,000 new fans this week.
Clinique, Secret, and Dove are still popular thanks to campaigns they launched last month: Clinique gave away free mascara to its Facebook fans, Secret started a "meanness awareness" rally among high school students, and Dove continues its feelgood missions, including an online planner to schedule your next beauty treat.
The highest new entry this week is Maybelline, which is making waves online thanks to spokesmodels including Charlotte Kemp and Erin Wasson who star in its latest Fit Me foundation ads.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of "new fans this week" under the category "beauty" according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Clinique: +94,749 (total fans: 523,158)
02. Secret: +47,441 (total fans: 822,369)
03. Dove: +31,532 (total fans: 430,727)
04. Axe Angels Club: +31,511 (total fans: 1,222,271)
05. Maybelline New York - Canada: +25,885 (total fans: 87,686)
06. Hair Experts: +23,944 (total fans: 652,730)
07. AXE: +14,275 (total fans: 958,645)
08. Bath & Body Works: +14,199 (total fans: 1,498,395)
09. Softlips: +14,054 (total fans: 507,714)
10. Sephora: +13,059 (total fans: 1,213,104)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
interviewHer estate has become the nation's glossiest food empire
theatreTheatre's hitmaker Daniel Evans on 'Oliver' and bringing 'The Full Monty' to the stage
interviewThe producer and activist, Trudie Styler, whose film 'Filth' is up for five film awards, is tapping into the industry's neglected female talent
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
travelFor broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# WPF Developer (WinF...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: QA Tester Automation R...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C#.NET VB6 Developer (GUI, ASP.NET, SQL) London ...