Social media fashion index: fashion show livestream gets brand to the top
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Burberry show on February 21 was one of superlatives: creative director Christopher Bailey attracted the most celebrities this London fashion week, made it snow inside, and had all outfits streamed live to Piccadilly Circus as well as to screens all over the world. His reward? Entering the Famecount top ten at #2 this week.
But nothing tops Converse, which again leads the pack, followed by the brand's All Star sneaker line in #4. Lingerie label Victoria's Secret is reaping the benefits of its new bridal collection, that can now be shopped online, while Levi's profits from its clever viral video for the Curve ID jeans, which had two pretty girls film the reactions of passersby via their 'ass cam.' (Watch it here.)
US fashion brand bebe has entered the blogosphere, much to fans' delight, and DC Shoes continues its run by having sponsored the Supercross motor sports event in San Diego this past week.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 175,779 (total fans: 11,259,256)
02. Burberry: + 107,023 (total fans: 4,176,269)
03. Levi's: + 99,840 (total fans: 3,045,796)
04. Converse All Star: + 89,422 (total fans: 12,721,245)
05. Victoria's Secret: + 69,612 (total fans: 11,527,410)
06. bebe: + 66,428 (total fans: 934,681)
07. DC Shoes: + 65,165 (total fans: 3,783,627)
08. Aéropostale: + 62,606 (total fans: 3,736,098)
09. American Eagle Outfitters: + 53,665 (total fans: 3,826,556)
10. Hanes: + 53,333 (total fans: 1,026,734)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergency blood transfusion
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Tezenis removes 'crime scene' pants from Oxford Street store after backlash over 'rape' connotations
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8 review: not an overhaul, but the iPhone is gradually growing up
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
£100 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Year 5 class teacher vacan...
£50 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you an SEN Learning Supp...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: We are working with a number of ...
Competitive Salary: Randstad Education Group: Description Randstad Education i...