Social media fashion index: fashion show livestream gets brand to the top
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Burberry show on February 21 was one of superlatives: creative director Christopher Bailey attracted the most celebrities this London fashion week, made it snow inside, and had all outfits streamed live to Piccadilly Circus as well as to screens all over the world. His reward? Entering the Famecount top ten at #2 this week.
But nothing tops Converse, which again leads the pack, followed by the brand's All Star sneaker line in #4. Lingerie label Victoria's Secret is reaping the benefits of its new bridal collection, that can now be shopped online, while Levi's profits from its clever viral video for the Curve ID jeans, which had two pretty girls film the reactions of passersby via their 'ass cam.' (Watch it here.)
US fashion brand bebe has entered the blogosphere, much to fans' delight, and DC Shoes continues its run by having sponsored the Supercross motor sports event in San Diego this past week.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 175,779 (total fans: 11,259,256)
02. Burberry: + 107,023 (total fans: 4,176,269)
03. Levi's: + 99,840 (total fans: 3,045,796)
04. Converse All Star: + 89,422 (total fans: 12,721,245)
05. Victoria's Secret: + 69,612 (total fans: 11,527,410)
06. bebe: + 66,428 (total fans: 934,681)
07. DC Shoes: + 65,165 (total fans: 3,783,627)
08. Aéropostale: + 62,606 (total fans: 3,736,098)
09. American Eagle Outfitters: + 53,665 (total fans: 3,826,556)
10. Hanes: + 53,333 (total fans: 1,026,734)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...