Social media fashion index: fashion show livestream gets brand to the top
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Burberry show on February 21 was one of superlatives: creative director Christopher Bailey attracted the most celebrities this London fashion week, made it snow inside, and had all outfits streamed live to Piccadilly Circus as well as to screens all over the world. His reward? Entering the Famecount top ten at #2 this week.
But nothing tops Converse, which again leads the pack, followed by the brand's All Star sneaker line in #4. Lingerie label Victoria's Secret is reaping the benefits of its new bridal collection, that can now be shopped online, while Levi's profits from its clever viral video for the Curve ID jeans, which had two pretty girls film the reactions of passersby via their 'ass cam.' (Watch it here.)
US fashion brand bebe has entered the blogosphere, much to fans' delight, and DC Shoes continues its run by having sponsored the Supercross motor sports event in San Diego this past week.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 175,779 (total fans: 11,259,256)
02. Burberry: + 107,023 (total fans: 4,176,269)
03. Levi's: + 99,840 (total fans: 3,045,796)
04. Converse All Star: + 89,422 (total fans: 12,721,245)
05. Victoria's Secret: + 69,612 (total fans: 11,527,410)
06. bebe: + 66,428 (total fans: 934,681)
07. DC Shoes: + 65,165 (total fans: 3,783,627)
08. Aéropostale: + 62,606 (total fans: 3,736,098)
09. American Eagle Outfitters: + 53,665 (total fans: 3,826,556)
10. Hanes: + 53,333 (total fans: 1,026,734)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...