Social media fashion index: fashion show livestream gets brand to the top
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Burberry show on February 21 was one of superlatives: creative director Christopher Bailey attracted the most celebrities this London fashion week, made it snow inside, and had all outfits streamed live to Piccadilly Circus as well as to screens all over the world. His reward? Entering the Famecount top ten at #2 this week.
But nothing tops Converse, which again leads the pack, followed by the brand's All Star sneaker line in #4. Lingerie label Victoria's Secret is reaping the benefits of its new bridal collection, that can now be shopped online, while Levi's profits from its clever viral video for the Curve ID jeans, which had two pretty girls film the reactions of passersby via their 'ass cam.' (Watch it here.)
US fashion brand bebe has entered the blogosphere, much to fans' delight, and DC Shoes continues its run by having sponsored the Supercross motor sports event in San Diego this past week.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 175,779 (total fans: 11,259,256)
02. Burberry: + 107,023 (total fans: 4,176,269)
03. Levi's: + 99,840 (total fans: 3,045,796)
04. Converse All Star: + 89,422 (total fans: 12,721,245)
05. Victoria's Secret: + 69,612 (total fans: 11,527,410)
06. bebe: + 66,428 (total fans: 934,681)
07. DC Shoes: + 65,165 (total fans: 3,783,627)
08. Aéropostale: + 62,606 (total fans: 3,736,098)
09. American Eagle Outfitters: + 53,665 (total fans: 3,826,556)
10. Hanes: + 53,333 (total fans: 1,026,734)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
An app for the amorous: Could Good2Go end disputes about sexual consent - without being a passion-killer?
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Stoptober: How I stopped smoking for good
Wild ram head-butts drone out the sky, waits for pilot to turn up then head-butts him too
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Teacher of Religious Education ...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: A Level Chemistry Teacher - Humb...
£100 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education is actively r...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: ICT Teacher - Scunthorpe This r...