Social media fashion index: fashion show livestream gets brand to the top
Tuesday 22 February 2011
Burberry show on February 21 was one of superlatives: creative director Christopher Bailey attracted the most celebrities this London fashion week, made it snow inside, and had all outfits streamed live to Piccadilly Circus as well as to screens all over the world. His reward? Entering the Famecount top ten at #2 this week.
But nothing tops Converse, which again leads the pack, followed by the brand's All Star sneaker line in #4. Lingerie label Victoria's Secret is reaping the benefits of its new bridal collection, that can now be shopped online, while Levi's profits from its clever viral video for the Curve ID jeans, which had two pretty girls film the reactions of passersby via their 'ass cam.' (Watch it here.)
US fashion brand bebe has entered the blogosphere, much to fans' delight, and DC Shoes continues its run by having sponsored the Supercross motor sports event in San Diego this past week.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 175,779 (total fans: 11,259,256)
02. Burberry: + 107,023 (total fans: 4,176,269)
03. Levi's: + 99,840 (total fans: 3,045,796)
04. Converse All Star: + 89,422 (total fans: 12,721,245)
05. Victoria's Secret: + 69,612 (total fans: 11,527,410)
06. bebe: + 66,428 (total fans: 934,681)
07. DC Shoes: + 65,165 (total fans: 3,783,627)
08. Aéropostale: + 62,606 (total fans: 3,736,098)
09. American Eagle Outfitters: + 53,665 (total fans: 3,826,556)
10. Hanes: + 53,333 (total fans: 1,026,734)
Data recorded Tuesday, February 22. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...