Social media fashion index: keeping it real
Tuesday 01 March 2011
The most successful brand on Facebook - Converse - is, curiously, the only brand that seems unfazed by short-term buzz generators.
Converse and Converse All Star are maybe the least active when it comes to Facebook-specific campaigns out of the top ten labels ranked on Famecount, but fans' enthusiasm remains unbowed. Converse sneakers' promises of a laidback, authentic lifestyle seem to be more powerful than many of the tricks their competitors pull out of their social media hats. Back in 1913, the label stated in its catalogue: "Our company was organized in 1908 fully believing that there was an earnest demand from the retail shoe dealer for a rubber shoe company that would be independent enough not to follow every other company in every thing they do." It still seems to be working.
Biggest riser of the week is chic sportswear brand Lacoste, whose Facebook profile is full of stylish gimmicks including a TV channel, wallpapers and screensavers, as well as collection previews.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 152,559 (total fans: 11,411,815)
02. Converse All Star: + 141,021 (total fans: 12,862,266)
03. Levi's: + 97,055 (total fans: 3,142,851)
04. DC Shoes: + 81,038 (total fans: 3,864,665)
05. Lacoste: + 79,088 (total fans: 4,641,096)
06. Burberry: + 77,279 (total fans: 4,253,548)
07. Victoria's Secret: + 71,007 (total fans: 11,598,417)
08. Aéropostale: + 65,996 (total fans: 3,802,094)
09. Hollister Co.: + 58,143 (total fans: 4,367,673)
10. Victoria's Secret Pink: + 51,778 (total fans: 8,050,358)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
KickAssTorrents down: biggest file-sharing site moves to .cr domain after takedowns
Audrey Hepburn is officially Britain’s style icon – 22 years after her death
Protein World 'Beach body ready' advert: Mass demonstration in Hyde Park planned against 'body-shaming' weight loss advertisements
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Avengers: Age of Ultron: Nearly 700 German cinemas refuse to show movie
- 2 Donald Trump decides that Baltimore riots are Barack Obama's fault
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm of accountants based ...
£30000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a financial services c...
£30000 - £32000 per annum + car allowance and on call: Ashdown Group: A succes...
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Well established small company ...