Social media fashion index: keeping it real
Tuesday 01 March 2011
The most successful brand on Facebook - Converse - is, curiously, the only brand that seems unfazed by short-term buzz generators.
Converse and Converse All Star are maybe the least active when it comes to Facebook-specific campaigns out of the top ten labels ranked on Famecount, but fans' enthusiasm remains unbowed. Converse sneakers' promises of a laidback, authentic lifestyle seem to be more powerful than many of the tricks their competitors pull out of their social media hats. Back in 1913, the label stated in its catalogue: "Our company was organized in 1908 fully believing that there was an earnest demand from the retail shoe dealer for a rubber shoe company that would be independent enough not to follow every other company in every thing they do." It still seems to be working.
Biggest riser of the week is chic sportswear brand Lacoste, whose Facebook profile is full of stylish gimmicks including a TV channel, wallpapers and screensavers, as well as collection previews.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 152,559 (total fans: 11,411,815)
02. Converse All Star: + 141,021 (total fans: 12,862,266)
03. Levi's: + 97,055 (total fans: 3,142,851)
04. DC Shoes: + 81,038 (total fans: 3,864,665)
05. Lacoste: + 79,088 (total fans: 4,641,096)
06. Burberry: + 77,279 (total fans: 4,253,548)
07. Victoria's Secret: + 71,007 (total fans: 11,598,417)
08. Aéropostale: + 65,996 (total fans: 3,802,094)
09. Hollister Co.: + 58,143 (total fans: 4,367,673)
10. Victoria's Secret Pink: + 51,778 (total fans: 8,050,358)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 4 African jawbone discovery pushes birth of humanity back by 400,000 years
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist historic buildi...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small but very busy (and f...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company has become known a...
£35000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of refrig...