Social media fashion index: keeping it real
Tuesday 01 March 2011
The most successful brand on Facebook - Converse - is, curiously, the only brand that seems unfazed by short-term buzz generators.
Converse and Converse All Star are maybe the least active when it comes to Facebook-specific campaigns out of the top ten labels ranked on Famecount, but fans' enthusiasm remains unbowed. Converse sneakers' promises of a laidback, authentic lifestyle seem to be more powerful than many of the tricks their competitors pull out of their social media hats. Back in 1913, the label stated in its catalogue: "Our company was organized in 1908 fully believing that there was an earnest demand from the retail shoe dealer for a rubber shoe company that would be independent enough not to follow every other company in every thing they do." It still seems to be working.
Biggest riser of the week is chic sportswear brand Lacoste, whose Facebook profile is full of stylish gimmicks including a TV channel, wallpapers and screensavers, as well as collection previews.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 152,559 (total fans: 11,411,815)
02. Converse All Star: + 141,021 (total fans: 12,862,266)
03. Levi's: + 97,055 (total fans: 3,142,851)
04. DC Shoes: + 81,038 (total fans: 3,864,665)
05. Lacoste: + 79,088 (total fans: 4,641,096)
06. Burberry: + 77,279 (total fans: 4,253,548)
07. Victoria's Secret: + 71,007 (total fans: 11,598,417)
08. Aéropostale: + 65,996 (total fans: 3,802,094)
09. Hollister Co.: + 58,143 (total fans: 4,367,673)
10. Victoria's Secret Pink: + 51,778 (total fans: 8,050,358)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Life & Style blogs
Hipster hate is everywhere - but is there a little bit of them in all of us?
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8 download: how to free up space on your iPhone or iPad to install update
U2 album removal tool released by Apple (but you can't escape: Bono is always on your iPhone)
- 1 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Cocaine and cannabis haul hidden in Vatican car seized by French police
£10000 - £20000 per annum: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education Ltd...
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Promising volunteer Trustee op...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£110 - £130 per hour: Randstad Education Reading: Psychology Teacher needed fo...