Social media fashion index: keeping it real
Tuesday 01 March 2011
The most successful brand on Facebook - Converse - is, curiously, the only brand that seems unfazed by short-term buzz generators.
Converse and Converse All Star are maybe the least active when it comes to Facebook-specific campaigns out of the top ten labels ranked on Famecount, but fans' enthusiasm remains unbowed. Converse sneakers' promises of a laidback, authentic lifestyle seem to be more powerful than many of the tricks their competitors pull out of their social media hats. Back in 1913, the label stated in its catalogue: "Our company was organized in 1908 fully believing that there was an earnest demand from the retail shoe dealer for a rubber shoe company that would be independent enough not to follow every other company in every thing they do." It still seems to be working.
Biggest riser of the week is chic sportswear brand Lacoste, whose Facebook profile is full of stylish gimmicks including a TV channel, wallpapers and screensavers, as well as collection previews.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 152,559 (total fans: 11,411,815)
02. Converse All Star: + 141,021 (total fans: 12,862,266)
03. Levi's: + 97,055 (total fans: 3,142,851)
04. DC Shoes: + 81,038 (total fans: 3,864,665)
05. Lacoste: + 79,088 (total fans: 4,641,096)
06. Burberry: + 77,279 (total fans: 4,253,548)
07. Victoria's Secret: + 71,007 (total fans: 11,598,417)
08. Aéropostale: + 65,996 (total fans: 3,802,094)
09. Hollister Co.: + 58,143 (total fans: 4,367,673)
10. Victoria's Secret Pink: + 51,778 (total fans: 8,050,358)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£330 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Lond...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Maths Teacher required to teach Furthe...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Primary teachers requ...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...