Social media fashion index: keeping it real
Tuesday 01 March 2011
The most successful brand on Facebook - Converse - is, curiously, the only brand that seems unfazed by short-term buzz generators.
Converse and Converse All Star are maybe the least active when it comes to Facebook-specific campaigns out of the top ten labels ranked on Famecount, but fans' enthusiasm remains unbowed. Converse sneakers' promises of a laidback, authentic lifestyle seem to be more powerful than many of the tricks their competitors pull out of their social media hats. Back in 1913, the label stated in its catalogue: "Our company was organized in 1908 fully believing that there was an earnest demand from the retail shoe dealer for a rubber shoe company that would be independent enough not to follow every other company in every thing they do." It still seems to be working.
Biggest riser of the week is chic sportswear brand Lacoste, whose Facebook profile is full of stylish gimmicks including a TV channel, wallpapers and screensavers, as well as collection previews.
The fastest-growing brands in terms of new fans this week under the category Fashion according to www.famecount.com are:
01. Converse: + 152,559 (total fans: 11,411,815)
02. Converse All Star: + 141,021 (total fans: 12,862,266)
03. Levi's: + 97,055 (total fans: 3,142,851)
04. DC Shoes: + 81,038 (total fans: 3,864,665)
05. Lacoste: + 79,088 (total fans: 4,641,096)
06. Burberry: + 77,279 (total fans: 4,253,548)
07. Victoria's Secret: + 71,007 (total fans: 11,598,417)
08. Aéropostale: + 65,996 (total fans: 3,802,094)
09. Hollister Co.: + 58,143 (total fans: 4,367,673)
10. Victoria's Secret Pink: + 51,778 (total fans: 8,050,358)
Data recorded Tuesday, March 1. Famecount ranks brands, celebrities and politicians according to the number of daily/monthly/total Facebook and/or Twitter fans/followers each receives.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
UK police to start seizing drivers' mobile phones after all crashes
How much independence should children have?
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
£450 - £500 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: PMO Manager - 6 month co...
£20 - £22 per hour + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Fund Administrator, Top Four ...
£7 per hour: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Would you like to have a better wo...
£50000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: A Microsoft Dynamics CRM...