Stars come out for Cavalli at decadent Milan show
Tuesday 27 September 2011
Italian designer Roberto Cavalli cast an air of elegant decadence at his Milan Fashion Week show on Monday with stars including French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo and US rocker Courtney Love in attendance.
Models swept past in silk tulle dresses decorated with delicate hints of lace and embroidery in designs that had a Baroque inspiration and featured frequent alternations between shiny gold patterns and black fabric.
There were hints of colour too including Cavalli's trademark jungle-style designs and animal print patterns like leopard and tiger on jackets and heel-length skirts that billowed out to reveal transparent stripes.
The summer/spring 2012 collection also included the new square handbag "Florence" - in honour of Cavalli's native city - in crocodile and black with a large golden metal padlock engraved with a snake scale effect.
Chandeliers, red lighting and transparent mesh screens on the runway underlined the decadent feel of the collection, which included little shiny gold dresses reminiscent of the flapper designs unveiled by Gucci.
"I design for those who love life and the positivity of colour, for women who know how to captivate a man," Cavalli said, adding that the collection was intended to portray "an extremely sophisticated and feminine image."
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...