Sweet smell of success: who will win at this year's FiFi awards?
Monday 11 April 2011
Armani's Acqua di Gioia, Chanel's Chance Eau Tendre, Gucci Guilty, Pure DKNY, and Voyage d'Hermès are all in the running for the grand prize of the fragrance industry's equivalent of the Oscars.
The final nominees were announced by the US Fragrance Foundation April 8, with the winner scheduled to be named at the official award ceremony May 25.
Eva by Eva Longoria, Flirt! Rock-N-Rebel, Halle by Halle Berry Pure Orchid, S by Shakira and Samba Sun Woman have been shortlisted as best fragrances with a broader appeal.
One who can already be sure of a trophy is French designer Jean Paul Gaultier, who is this year's Hall of Fame inductee, while the recently deceased Elizabeth Taylor - whose White Diamonds fragrance is still one of the top-selling celebrity fragrances today - is expected to be honored posthumously.
Perfumer Firmenich's osMOZ iPhone App, which facilitates fragrance shopping, also received recognition.
The FiFis are the industry's most respected awards, with local editions being held in Germany, France, Italy, the UK, and Russia, among others.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...
Flexible, depending on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: T...
£850 - £950 per day: Orgtel: Programme Director - Conduct Risk - Banking - £85...
£100 - £110 per day: Orgtel: Project Coordinator/Order Entry Hampshire