Sylvester Stallone to start clothing line
Friday 25 March 2011
Following in John Malkovich's footsteps, fellow actor Sylvester Stallone has announced he will launch his own fashion range next year.
The line will be inspired by the star's two best-known roles Rambo and Rocky, catering both to "the rebel and the gentleman."
Stallone told Men's Week that he first got involved with fashion design between shooting Rambo 2 and Rambo 3. A "huge weight change" - dropping from 185 to 160 pounds - meant that "nothing fit so I started buying custom clothing. I found out I really like this world."
Eleven years after having started to work with Italian and American tailors to work with his favorite patterns and fabrics, Stallone has now set up Sly Inc. that will distribute everything from jeans, shirts, and underwear to outerwear and watches. Eyewear, grooming products, fragrance, and athletic wear are also in the works.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...