Sylvester Stallone to start clothing line
Friday 25 March 2011
Following in John Malkovich's footsteps, fellow actor Sylvester Stallone has announced he will launch his own fashion range next year.
The line will be inspired by the star's two best-known roles Rambo and Rocky, catering both to "the rebel and the gentleman."
Stallone told Men's Week that he first got involved with fashion design between shooting Rambo 2 and Rambo 3. A "huge weight change" - dropping from 185 to 160 pounds - meant that "nothing fit so I started buying custom clothing. I found out I really like this world."
Eleven years after having started to work with Italian and American tailors to work with his favorite patterns and fabrics, Stallone has now set up Sly Inc. that will distribute everything from jeans, shirts, and underwear to outerwear and watches. Eyewear, grooming products, fragrance, and athletic wear are also in the works.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...