Sylvester Stallone to start clothing line
Friday 25 March 2011
Following in John Malkovich's footsteps, fellow actor Sylvester Stallone has announced he will launch his own fashion range next year.
The line will be inspired by the star's two best-known roles Rambo and Rocky, catering both to "the rebel and the gentleman."
Stallone told Men's Week that he first got involved with fashion design between shooting Rambo 2 and Rambo 3. A "huge weight change" - dropping from 185 to 160 pounds - meant that "nothing fit so I started buying custom clothing. I found out I really like this world."
Eleven years after having started to work with Italian and American tailors to work with his favorite patterns and fabrics, Stallone has now set up Sly Inc. that will distribute everything from jeans, shirts, and underwear to outerwear and watches. Eyewear, grooming products, fragrance, and athletic wear are also in the works.
Life & Style blogs
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Kristen Stewart opens star-studded Chanel show with Julianne Moore, Rita Ora and Lily Collins on the runway
You can now get verified on Tinder
- 1 Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
- 2 Lisa Randolph-Gant: Queen Elsa cake maker says she will carry on baking and will not let people 'break her spirit'
- 3 Tube strike: This pedestrian-friendly map tells you the time it takes to walk between stations
- 4 Pamplona Running of the Bulls 2015: Three men gored and 10 hospitalised on first day of festival
- 5 Sarah Jessica Parker explains why she is not a feminist: 'It's not just about women now'
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...