Sylvester Stallone to start clothing line
Friday 25 March 2011
Following in John Malkovich's footsteps, fellow actor Sylvester Stallone has announced he will launch his own fashion range next year.
The line will be inspired by the star's two best-known roles Rambo and Rocky, catering both to "the rebel and the gentleman."
Stallone told Men's Week that he first got involved with fashion design between shooting Rambo 2 and Rambo 3. A "huge weight change" - dropping from 185 to 160 pounds - meant that "nothing fit so I started buying custom clothing. I found out I really like this world."
Eleven years after having started to work with Italian and American tailors to work with his favorite patterns and fabrics, Stallone has now set up Sly Inc. that will distribute everything from jeans, shirts, and underwear to outerwear and watches. Eyewear, grooming products, fragrance, and athletic wear are also in the works.
Life & Style blogs
Childcare 'not just a women's issue,' says shadow minister as she sets out her 'dadifesto'
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best juicers
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
The 10 Best food processors
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Manager is required ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...