Sylvester Stallone to start clothing line
Friday 25 March 2011
Following in John Malkovich's footsteps, fellow actor Sylvester Stallone has announced he will launch his own fashion range next year.
The line will be inspired by the star's two best-known roles Rambo and Rocky, catering both to "the rebel and the gentleman."
Stallone told Men's Week that he first got involved with fashion design between shooting Rambo 2 and Rambo 3. A "huge weight change" - dropping from 185 to 160 pounds - meant that "nothing fit so I started buying custom clothing. I found out I really like this world."
Eleven years after having started to work with Italian and American tailors to work with his favorite patterns and fabrics, Stallone has now set up Sly Inc. that will distribute everything from jeans, shirts, and underwear to outerwear and watches. Eyewear, grooming products, fragrance, and athletic wear are also in the works.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: SURREY MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: What do you want to do with your career? Do yo...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Development Scientist is required to join a ...