This spring, be sure to wear some feathers in your hair
Friday 25 March 2011
Feathers were all over the fall/winter runways - think Gucci, Galliano or Yigal Azrouel - but the look is so suited to this season's hippie and Navajo-inspired fashion that brands as well as beauty vloggers have already released products and tutorials to bring you the cutest spring looks incorporating the trend.
An easy way to spice up your everyday hair is by clipping in feather hair extensions that can be washed and blowdried and stay put for weeks. Ask a friend to help you install them, as seen in this video.
Brands such as Famous Feathers or Fine Featherheads have reacted to increasing demand, making a broad range of feather extension styles available. Check out your options below.
Feathers go especially well with the burlesque trend - follow this YouTube vlogger's tips to achieve a glamorous show girl look.
Or, if you're more into spring's romantic plaited hairstyles, try these feather-accessorized side braids.
Don't want to spend too much on this trend? This tutorial shows you how to make your own feather hair piece for just $5.
More DIY ideas come courtesy of Bella Dawn, who has thought up different ways of making your own feather headbands.
Life & Style blogs
NHS hospitals told not to fill vacancies as cash crisis bites
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Phone batteries can be used to spy on their owners and track them around the internet
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist personal injury...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Join a fast growing, UK based I...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An experienced TLO is required to manage, deli...
£35 - £50k DOE: Guru Careers: A Tax Manager / Accountant (ACA / CA / CTA) is n...