This spring, be sure to wear some feathers in your hair
Friday 25 March 2011
Feathers were all over the fall/winter runways - think Gucci, Galliano or Yigal Azrouel - but the look is so suited to this season's hippie and Navajo-inspired fashion that brands as well as beauty vloggers have already released products and tutorials to bring you the cutest spring looks incorporating the trend.
An easy way to spice up your everyday hair is by clipping in feather hair extensions that can be washed and blowdried and stay put for weeks. Ask a friend to help you install them, as seen in this video.
Brands such as Famous Feathers or Fine Featherheads have reacted to increasing demand, making a broad range of feather extension styles available. Check out your options below.
Feathers go especially well with the burlesque trend - follow this YouTube vlogger's tips to achieve a glamorous show girl look.
Or, if you're more into spring's romantic plaited hairstyles, try these feather-accessorized side braids.
Don't want to spend too much on this trend? This tutorial shows you how to make your own feather hair piece for just $5.
More DIY ideas come courtesy of Bella Dawn, who has thought up different ways of making your own feather headbands.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...