This spring, be sure to wear some feathers in your hair
Friday 25 March 2011
Feathers were all over the fall/winter runways - think Gucci, Galliano or Yigal Azrouel - but the look is so suited to this season's hippie and Navajo-inspired fashion that brands as well as beauty vloggers have already released products and tutorials to bring you the cutest spring looks incorporating the trend.
An easy way to spice up your everyday hair is by clipping in feather hair extensions that can be washed and blowdried and stay put for weeks. Ask a friend to help you install them, as seen in this video.
Brands such as Famous Feathers or Fine Featherheads have reacted to increasing demand, making a broad range of feather extension styles available. Check out your options below.
Feathers go especially well with the burlesque trend - follow this YouTube vlogger's tips to achieve a glamorous show girl look.
Or, if you're more into spring's romantic plaited hairstyles, try these feather-accessorized side braids.
Don't want to spend too much on this trend? This tutorial shows you how to make your own feather hair piece for just $5.
More DIY ideas come courtesy of Bella Dawn, who has thought up different ways of making your own feather headbands.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Chrissie Hynde says women who 'wear high heels and dress provocatively entice rapists'
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...