Tired of transfer tattoos? Try branding your eyeballs instead
Sunday 20 June 2010
French luxury brand Christian Dior is taking the monogram craze one step further - and arguably one step too far - with the announcement of branded contact lenses.
The contacts come with gold flake inserts and the label's 'CD' monogram printed to appear on the left side of the iris. A black rim completes the 'glam vampire' look.
There were already a few observers who had trouble adjusting to the idea of monograms tattooed onto your body - even if just in a temporary form, as with Chanel's recent release - but now, unease is growing on the internet as to how far the love for a designer brand should be allowed to go.
Neither price nor launch date of the lenses are known at this point, but if you want to treat your eyes to some Dior in the meantime, go for their mascara: it's much better than they made it look in this ad.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
Running test reveals whether you will die in the next decade
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The largest supplier to the UK'...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Graduate/Junior Software Deve...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced Sales Executive ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Night Porters are required to join a family-ow...