Topshop launches transfer tattoos
Tuesday 01 June 2010
The temporary tattoo trend is moving from high class to mainstream, with British retailer Topshop introducing its range one season after Chanel's release.
The collection, published on Topshop's blog Inside-Out on May 31, includes Chanel-inspired jewelry shapes such as bracelets but also more traditional tattoo themes: hearts, roses or wings. There are four different sheets that retail for £6.50 (€7.60) each, considerably less than Chanel's $75 version.
Transfer and spray-on tattoos were one of the surprises on last fall's runways: Rodarte painted their models in bold tribal patterns, while Jean Paul Gaultier opted for spraying his models' names (Sasha Pivovarova, Iris Strubegger) onto their bodies and faces, but Chanel's illusions of chain bracelets (complete with logo pendants, bien sûr) proved most popular.
Get Topshop's temporary tattoos here.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic and exciting opport...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is an independent ...
£14625 - £20625 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This role is for an enthusiasti...
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...