Topshop launches transfer tattoos
Tuesday 01 June 2010
The temporary tattoo trend is moving from high class to mainstream, with British retailer Topshop introducing its range one season after Chanel's release.
The collection, published on Topshop's blog Inside-Out on May 31, includes Chanel-inspired jewelry shapes such as bracelets but also more traditional tattoo themes: hearts, roses or wings. There are four different sheets that retail for £6.50 (€7.60) each, considerably less than Chanel's $75 version.
Transfer and spray-on tattoos were one of the surprises on last fall's runways: Rodarte painted their models in bold tribal patterns, while Jean Paul Gaultier opted for spraying his models' names (Sasha Pivovarova, Iris Strubegger) onto their bodies and faces, but Chanel's illusions of chain bracelets (complete with logo pendants, bien sûr) proved most popular.
Get Topshop's temporary tattoos here.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps hides image of Android robot urinating on Apple in surprisingly insolent Easter egg
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
£20000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you recently QCA Level 4 qu...
£75000 - £85000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the largest and fastes...
£16 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity for someone ...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful, family owned m...