Trendwatch: basketball pros branching out into fashion
Saturday 30 July 2011
LeBron James opens a concept store, Carmelo Anthony stars in Italian
Vogue, and Amar'e Stoudemire launches a style site: the NBA's stars are turning increasingly fashionable beyond their usual sneaker endorsements.
Stoudemire had previously upped his fashion game by hiring a personal stylist, attending shows during fashion week, and being featured in US Vogue shortly before his teammate Anthony was photographed for the Italian edition of the magazine.
Now the New York Knicks' center and power forward means serious business, readying a full-fledged collection with US designer Rachel Roy for fall and, according to a new article by the NY Post, planning to launch a sports and fashion site on bigleadsports.com.
Miami Heat's LeBron James announced earlier this year that he would launch a luxury concept store called Unknwn in his team's hometown this fall, offering a mix of apparel, footwear, and other lifestyle gear by brands including OriginalFake, A.P.C. and Nike Tier Zero.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...