Trendwatch: bright colors to stay through next spring
Wednesday 08 June 2011
This spring has been all about popping shades and the so-called color blocking, but no matter how popular the brights have been (and still are), international designers believe shoppers won't be tired of the trend come next year.
At least, that is the impression you will get by looking at this year's offering of resort collections so far. Shows and lookbook releases for the spring/summer 2012 'pre-season' are in full swing, and from Burberry to Chanel, they go for the glow.
Brands seem to be especially smitten by yellow, with Burberry featuring a range of lemon-colored dresses and Chanel showing a whole mini-collection in the sunny shade at their cruise show in the South of France last month.
Neons are also here to stay if you trust Diane von Furstenberg, who worked glowing pinks, greens, and oranges into her resort show, as did Michael Kors whose suggestions for next spring have a definite 'neoprene' feel.
Thakoon, Marc Jacobs, and Alexander McQueen's McQ line also infused their resort collections with splashes of bright color.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Paris Fashion Week: Karl Lagerfeld leads a feminist riot on 'Boulevard Chanel'
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Windows 10 release: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' with new operating system
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE: SThree: Real Staffing Group is seeking Traine...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We have an exciting opportunity...
Competitive: Randstad Education Manchester: SEN Teacher urgently required for ...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - HIGH VALUE REAL ESTATE / RESID...