Trendwatch: bright colors to stay through next spring
Wednesday 08 June 2011
This spring has been all about popping shades and the so-called color blocking, but no matter how popular the brights have been (and still are), international designers believe shoppers won't be tired of the trend come next year.
At least, that is the impression you will get by looking at this year's offering of resort collections so far. Shows and lookbook releases for the spring/summer 2012 'pre-season' are in full swing, and from Burberry to Chanel, they go for the glow.
Brands seem to be especially smitten by yellow, with Burberry featuring a range of lemon-colored dresses and Chanel showing a whole mini-collection in the sunny shade at their cruise show in the South of France last month.
Neons are also here to stay if you trust Diane von Furstenberg, who worked glowing pinks, greens, and oranges into her resort show, as did Michael Kors whose suggestions for next spring have a definite 'neoprene' feel.
Thakoon, Marc Jacobs, and Alexander McQueen's McQ line also infused their resort collections with splashes of bright color.
Life & Style blogs
International Kissing Day: Why it feels good
World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 3 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 4 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
- 5 The Greece debt crisis explained in less than 100 words
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...