Two Diana dresses sold for $276,000
Tuesday 10 May 2011
Two dresses worn by the late princess Diana were sold at an auction house in Beverly Hills Sunday for a total of $276,000, the seller announced.
According to Julien's auction house, the first dress - a black crepe evening gown with diamante paste embroidery on the short-sleeved top inspired by Indian motifs - went for $144,000.
It was purchased for Diana's 1992 visit to India, when she accompanied her then-husband, Prince Charles on the trip.
The second dress - a light blue silk chiffon, strapless, floor-length gown and accompanying stole - was sold for $132,000.
It was worn by Diana three times, including at the Cannes film festival in 1987.
The identities of the buyers have been kept confidential.
Life & Style blogs
Google Maps Pacman: company offers chance to play arcade classic on streets around the world
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The Clove Club: The restaurant where you will pre-pay for your food
Facebook virtual reality optical illusion less impressive than originally thought
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...