Uniqlo operator to open two 'mega-stores' in NY
Sunday 04 September 2011
The operator of Japan's cheap-chic clothing chain Uniqlo said Wednesday the company's two largest outlets in the world will open in New York in October.
The Uniqlo "mega-store" with the largest floor space, the seventh global flagship outlet of the clothing chain, will open on October 14 on Fifth Avenue, a street lined with global fashion brands, the company said.
Uniqlo operator Fast Retailing Co. also plans to open another "mega-store", its second-largest, on 34th Street, New York, on October 21.
The company currently operates stores in New York's Soho district, London, Paris, Shanghai and Taipei, in addition to Japan.
Life & Style blogs
25 years of the World Wide Web: Tim Berners-Lee explains how it all began
Tomnod: How to join the virtual search party scanning satellite imagery for missing flight MH370
Tim Berners-Lee on creating the web: 'I never expected all these cats'
The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 3 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 4 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Corporate / Commercial Solicitor - Buckinghams...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Construct...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are currently ...