Uniqlo Twitter's top trending topic thanks to 'virtual line' campaign
Tuesday 25 May 2010
Japanese retailer Uniqlo is the top trending topic on Twitter for the second day in a row, after users joined the 'Lucky Line' in the hopes of winning ¥1,000 (around €9) coupons.
Launched to celebrate the chain's 26th anniversary, Uniqlo will give away one coupon for every 26th user to join the virtual line-up via their Twitter status. On the morning of May 25, more than 15,000 people had already joined.
The Lucky Line comes after other similarly popular viral marketing campaigns by the retailer, including UTweet, where users' Twitter activity was turned into graphics, and Uniqlock, a virtual clock that showed the time via dancers.
More information about the campaign can be found online at http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/#line.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£45000 - £50000 per annum + 5 weeks holiday & benefits: Ashdown Group: Head of...
£25 per day: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery nurse needed in th...
£21588 - £31566 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education ar...
£110 - £125 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are ur...