Uniqlo Twitter's top trending topic thanks to 'virtual line' campaign
Tuesday 25 May 2010
Japanese retailer Uniqlo is the top trending topic on Twitter for the second day in a row, after users joined the 'Lucky Line' in the hopes of winning ¥1,000 (around €9) coupons.
Launched to celebrate the chain's 26th anniversary, Uniqlo will give away one coupon for every 26th user to join the virtual line-up via their Twitter status. On the morning of May 25, more than 15,000 people had already joined.
The Lucky Line comes after other similarly popular viral marketing campaigns by the retailer, including UTweet, where users' Twitter activity was turned into graphics, and Uniqlock, a virtual clock that showed the time via dancers.
More information about the campaign can be found online at http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/#line.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...