Virtual fashion: Levi's in China, Shopbop weddings, Alex Wang 2.0
Wednesday 02 March 2011
See what's happening in online fashion this week.
Following the launch of his first standalone store in New York, Alexander Wang has relaunched his website, whose shop now offers ready-to-wear in addition to the previously available T by Alexander Wang line. Models' faces were obscured in a mask collaboration project with performance artist Terence Koh, adding a 'concept store' twist to the site.
Payvment, a Facebook app that lets anyone create a retail store on the social network, has unveiled a virtual shopping mall comprised of all the stores that use the app. The platform offers over one million products from 50,000 retailers.
In other online mall news, denim brand Levi's has opened a virtual boutique on Chinese shopping platform Taobao. More than 200 products can already be shopped via the site, and the label plans to launch online exclusives in the future.
E-tailer Shopbop has announced it will launch a shopping area dedicated to weddings on March 14. Dresses will include designs by Halston Heritage, Lela Rose, Notte by Marchesa, Max Azria, Temperley London, Alice + Olivia, and Calvin Klein, with prices ranging from $195 to $5,000.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Doctors in the dock: Scandal of GPs who get cash from healthcare firms for patient referrals
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Our exclusive client in St Albans Hertfords...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Key Stage 2 Teachers needed in Hertfordshir...
£55000 - £58000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A truly exciting opportunity has ari...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Credit Controller - Londo...