Virtual fashion: Urban Outfitters, Barneys, Band of Outsiders
Wednesday 09 February 2011
See what's happening in online fashion this week.
Hipster fashion brand Band of Outsiders has launched a blog for its Girl line, posting inspirations behind its collections, such as music, iconic figures, fashion editorials, and much more.
The equally hip Urban Outfitters chain will sell its new bridal line online from Valentine's Day, February 14.
US department store Barneys now has a new micro-site called The Window, which went live this week. Fed with daily updates, it connects labels sold in the store - Alexander Wang, Frederic Malle, and Munnu Jewelry are among the first ones featured - with editorial coverage, such as designer interviews.
Fashion brands are increasingly setting up their own Tumblr blogs to reach their fans, with the most recent example being the web-savvy US designer Kate Spade. The new site especially focuses on the brand's signature color theme, but there are also unexpected gems such as creative Valentine's Day e-cards.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Scottish salmon sales leap as Asia develops a taste
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...