Virtual fashion: Urban Outfitters, Barneys, Band of Outsiders
Wednesday 09 February 2011
See what's happening in online fashion this week.
Hipster fashion brand Band of Outsiders has launched a blog for its Girl line, posting inspirations behind its collections, such as music, iconic figures, fashion editorials, and much more.
The equally hip Urban Outfitters chain will sell its new bridal line online from Valentine's Day, February 14.
US department store Barneys now has a new micro-site called The Window, which went live this week. Fed with daily updates, it connects labels sold in the store - Alexander Wang, Frederic Malle, and Munnu Jewelry are among the first ones featured - with editorial coverage, such as designer interviews.
Fashion brands are increasingly setting up their own Tumblr blogs to reach their fans, with the most recent example being the web-savvy US designer Kate Spade. The new site especially focuses on the brand's signature color theme, but there are also unexpected gems such as creative Valentine's Day e-cards.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...