Watch: 100 years of London style in 100 seconds
Thursday 01 September 2011
In the runup to its September 13 opening, the new Westfield Stratford shopping center in East London gets teased in a new video that has viewers travel through style eras.
Starting with opulent 1911 looks, a couple gets dressed in everything from Roaring Twenties to Swinging Sixties and beyond, dancing in the decades' respective typical fashion.
Watch the video at http://youtu.be/7JxfgId3XTs.
Westfield Stratford is part of the infrastructural effort preceding the Olympic Games and will host more than 300 brands (among them one of the new Forever21 stores), over 50 restaurants, a 14-screen cinema, a casino, three hotels, a bowling alley and other entertainment spaces.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 3 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...