Watch: 100 years of London style in 100 seconds
Thursday 01 September 2011
In the runup to its September 13 opening, the new Westfield Stratford shopping center in East London gets teased in a new video that has viewers travel through style eras.
Starting with opulent 1911 looks, a couple gets dressed in everything from Roaring Twenties to Swinging Sixties and beyond, dancing in the decades' respective typical fashion.
Watch the video at http://youtu.be/7JxfgId3XTs.
Westfield Stratford is part of the infrastructural effort preceding the Olympic Games and will host more than 300 brands (among them one of the new Forever21 stores), over 50 restaurants, a 14-screen cinema, a casino, three hotels, a bowling alley and other entertainment spaces.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...