Watch: 100 years of London style in 100 seconds
Thursday 01 September 2011
In the runup to its September 13 opening, the new Westfield Stratford shopping center in East London gets teased in a new video that has viewers travel through style eras.
Starting with opulent 1911 looks, a couple gets dressed in everything from Roaring Twenties to Swinging Sixties and beyond, dancing in the decades' respective typical fashion.
Watch the video at http://youtu.be/7JxfgId3XTs.
Westfield Stratford is part of the infrastructural effort preceding the Olympic Games and will host more than 300 brands (among them one of the new Forever21 stores), over 50 restaurants, a 14-screen cinema, a casino, three hotels, a bowling alley and other entertainment spaces.
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Front End Web Developer is re...
£250 - £300 per day: Investigo: Growing international marketing business requi...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ORM Consultant is required t...
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of educat...