Watch: 100 years of London style in 100 seconds
Thursday 01 September 2011
In the runup to its September 13 opening, the new Westfield Stratford shopping center in East London gets teased in a new video that has viewers travel through style eras.
Starting with opulent 1911 looks, a couple gets dressed in everything from Roaring Twenties to Swinging Sixties and beyond, dancing in the decades' respective typical fashion.
Watch the video at http://youtu.be/7JxfgId3XTs.
Westfield Stratford is part of the infrastructural effort preceding the Olympic Games and will host more than 300 brands (among them one of the new Forever21 stores), over 50 restaurants, a 14-screen cinema, a casino, three hotels, a bowling alley and other entertainment spaces.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£65000 - £80000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Finance Director required to jo...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity fo...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£27000 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: A Quality Technician...