Watch: a new doc on New York's fashion week tents
Friday 22 July 2011
From films on Yohji Yamamoto to Yves Saint Laurent, this summer is chock-full of fashion documentaries, and here comes another one: following on the heels of New York fashion week's move from Bryant Park to the Lincoln Center last year, director James Belzer takes viewers behind the scenes in
Fashion personalities including Donna Karan, Zac Posen, Tommy Hilfiger, Betsey Johnson, and Carolina Herrera weigh in as Belzer documents the event's history from its 1993 launch by the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) to the current Mercedes Benz-sponsored extravaganza staged by fashion agency IMG.
"With a diverse range of voices, we take the audience on an exciting journey through NY fashion history," Belzer explained, "the term 'The Tents' now resonates as a metaphor for the fashion show venue itself as well as the overall fashion week experience."
A preview of The Tents can be seen in New York this weekend at NewFest before it will be released on a broader scale in September.
Watch the trailer at http://vimeo.com/19800799.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Winfo...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior C...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...