Watch a robot apply eyeliner in new Nars Cosmetics video
Friday 12 August 2011
The beauty company has released a lavish clip to promote its Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner.
Directed by Fabien Baron, the video is meant to showcase the "product's precision application and striking impact," with two mechanical arms (tools used in surgical and engineering practices, according to the brand) applying the eyeliner to model Emily Baker.
It is not the first time this year that beauty gets inspired by robots: back in January, Chanel's creative head for beauty, Peter Philips, released the much-acclaimed Chanel Beauty Robot video with Nowness; you can watch at http://youtu.be/CbY-y4hdcxM.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity to join...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We have an excellent role for a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An IT Support Analyst is required to join the ...