Watch a robot apply eyeliner in new Nars Cosmetics video
Friday 12 August 2011
The beauty company has released a lavish clip to promote its Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner.
Directed by Fabien Baron, the video is meant to showcase the "product's precision application and striking impact," with two mechanical arms (tools used in surgical and engineering practices, according to the brand) applying the eyeliner to model Emily Baker.
It is not the first time this year that beauty gets inspired by robots: back in January, Chanel's creative head for beauty, Peter Philips, released the much-acclaimed Chanel Beauty Robot video with Nowness; you can watch at http://youtu.be/CbY-y4hdcxM.
Life & Style blogs
DNA hope on schizophrenia: Research breakthrough points at over 100 genes
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 1 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Scheme Manager (BREEAM)...
Flexible, depending on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: T...
£850 - £950 per day: Orgtel: Programme Director - Conduct Risk - Banking - £85...
£100 - £110 per day: Orgtel: Project Coordinator/Order Entry Hampshire