Watch a robot apply eyeliner in new Nars Cosmetics video
Friday 12 August 2011
The beauty company has released a lavish clip to promote its Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner.
Directed by Fabien Baron, the video is meant to showcase the "product's precision application and striking impact," with two mechanical arms (tools used in surgical and engineering practices, according to the brand) applying the eyeliner to model Emily Baker.
It is not the first time this year that beauty gets inspired by robots: back in January, Chanel's creative head for beauty, Peter Philips, released the much-acclaimed Chanel Beauty Robot video with Nowness; you can watch at http://youtu.be/CbY-y4hdcxM.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Web Developer ...
£50000 - £67000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# R&D .NE...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...