Watch a robot apply eyeliner in new Nars Cosmetics video
Friday 12 August 2011
The beauty company has released a lavish clip to promote its Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner.
Directed by Fabien Baron, the video is meant to showcase the "product's precision application and striking impact," with two mechanical arms (tools used in surgical and engineering practices, according to the brand) applying the eyeliner to model Emily Baker.
It is not the first time this year that beauty gets inspired by robots: back in January, Chanel's creative head for beauty, Peter Philips, released the much-acclaimed Chanel Beauty Robot video with Nowness; you can watch at http://youtu.be/CbY-y4hdcxM.
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Londoners agree to give up first-born child in exchange for free internet
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
FireChat: The internet-free messaging app that's sweeping the world
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...