Watch a robot apply eyeliner in new Nars Cosmetics video
Friday 12 August 2011
The beauty company has released a lavish clip to promote its Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner.
Directed by Fabien Baron, the video is meant to showcase the "product's precision application and striking impact," with two mechanical arms (tools used in surgical and engineering practices, according to the brand) applying the eyeliner to model Emily Baker.
It is not the first time this year that beauty gets inspired by robots: back in January, Chanel's creative head for beauty, Peter Philips, released the much-acclaimed Chanel Beauty Robot video with Nowness; you can watch at http://youtu.be/CbY-y4hdcxM.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...