Watch: all you need to know about the Hyères festival
Thursday 14 April 2011
At the end of this month, the Villa Noailles in the south of France will again play host to one of the most refined fashion talent contests of the industry.
A rather self-ironic yet informative teaser just released for the 2011 edition takes you through all you need to know about the design and photography festival, from its geographical location and tourism highlights to the legends entwined around the villa's history.
This year, the jury - who will judge ten international candidates in each category - is presided over by Jil Sander's creative head - Belgian designer Raf Simons, who will be joined by the New York-based design duo of Proenza Schouler and the UK's Christopher Kane as well as editorial royalty including Cathy Horyn and Carla Sozzani.
The event will run from April 29 to May 2. Watch the full trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLVpJkrRJDY.
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Apple Watch: What is it good for?
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a security software com...
£10000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of staffing and r...
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the four inns of Court is seeking...
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the four inns of Court i...