Watch: Eva Mendes sings with an orchestra for Thierry Mugler
Monday 27 June 2011
The French luxury house has released the making-of for its new Angel fragrance commercial, scheduled for a September release.
In it, Angel face Mendes, who will portray opera singer Maria Callas in the upcoming biopic Greek Fire, sings "The Windmills of Your Mind," a song originally performed by Noel Harrison for the 1968 movie The Thomas Crown Affair.
Shot in Prague, the clip released on YouTube shows Mendes rehearsing with an orchestra and a singing coach, and explaining the choice of music for the campaign: "It's so dreamy, and it's all about where we go in our minds...when I just say the words, the images come to my mind certainly, and hopefully to anyone who's listening as well."
Just last month, fellow actresses Kate Bosworth and Zooey Deschanel relied on their own vocals for ads they shot for American Cotton Incorporated's "Fabric of My Life" campaign.
Watch the Thierry Mugler making-of at http://youtu.be/LuYeGo0OBGk.
Life & Style blogs
NHS struggling to monitor the safety and efficacy of its services outsourced to private providers
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...