Watch: Katie Holmes's full beauty short film
Friday 25 March 2011
Hair care brand John Frieda has premiered its short film "The Decision," starring actress Katie Holmes, to promote its new home dye range Precision Foam Colour.
The four-and-a-half-minute clip has Holmes pondering whether it's morally defensible to "cheat" on your hairdresser, dying your own hair at home.
As part of the retro-inspired short, which - mysteriously, considering it's hair color that is supposed to be sold - was filmed in black-and-white, there is an even more mysterious German news broadcast reporting on Holmes and her coiffeur parting ways, before the actress is seen sneaking out with a guilty conscience to get her color fix.
It is the first time Holmes, who has previously fronted fashion ads for Ann Taylor and J.Crew, has appeared in a major beauty campaign.
John Frieda's new range comes in 20 shades, selling for $11.99 each.
Watch the movie at http://www.facebook.com/whatsinthebag.
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Uber France apologises for sexist promotion offering men free rides with 'incredibly hot chicks' as drivers
Hate your email? Google knows: its new app promises the earth (and a manageable inbox)
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Marijuana use by teenagers does not result in a lower IQ or worse exam results, study finds
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£300 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: SSRS Report Developer – 3 Mon...
£95 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Key Stage 1 teacher require...
£32000 - £39000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Ashdown Group: Generalist HR Man...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...