Watch: the best collections from Australian fashion week
Saturday 07 May 2011
See what designers down under came up with at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, which ended May 6.
Alex Perry is the continent's most established designer of red carpet-worthy gowns.
See the finale of his show at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruwCvURAx3Y.
One of Australia's most fashion-forward labels, Zimmerman didn't disappoint this season, showing once more it has transcended its swimwear beginnings.
Talulah's collection was all about flowy fabrics and a soft, romantic feel.
Morrison presented an interesting juxtaposition between male and female style elements.
The cleanly cut minimalism in combination with surprising twists and feminine shapes could make of Arnsdorf an Australian version of Calvin Klein.
Lover's unique cuts and elegant appeal have turned the label into an international favorite.
Beautiful material mixes and new shapes came courtesy of Ellery.
Dion Lee's creations were almost overshadowed by the show's location at the Sydney Opera House, but the designer's futuristic outfits were able to stand on their own in the end.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Client Solicitor - We are makin...
£50000 per annum + benefits: Progressive Recruitment: A unique and rare opport...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum plus 23 days holiday and pension scheme: Clearwater ...
£260 - £325 per day: Progressive Recruitment: IT Trainer: E-Commerce Experienc...