Watch: the best collections from Australian fashion week
Saturday 07 May 2011
See what designers down under came up with at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, which ended May 6.
Alex Perry is the continent's most established designer of red carpet-worthy gowns.
See the finale of his show at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruwCvURAx3Y.
One of Australia's most fashion-forward labels, Zimmerman didn't disappoint this season, showing once more it has transcended its swimwear beginnings.
Talulah's collection was all about flowy fabrics and a soft, romantic feel.
Morrison presented an interesting juxtaposition between male and female style elements.
The cleanly cut minimalism in combination with surprising twists and feminine shapes could make of Arnsdorf an Australian version of Calvin Klein.
Lover's unique cuts and elegant appeal have turned the label into an international favorite.
Beautiful material mixes and new shapes came courtesy of Ellery.
Dion Lee's creations were almost overshadowed by the show's location at the Sydney Opera House, but the designer's futuristic outfits were able to stand on their own in the end.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£27000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to business growth, this is...
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion, this care company base...
£21000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...