Weekly art websites: body art
Wednesday 09 March 2011
From painted bodies to nude photography, the human body has been an inspiration and subject of art for thousands of years. This week's selection of art websites looks at how contemporary artists are reinterpreting the human form.
Nicole Tran Ba Vang - http://www.tranbavan.com/
French artist and photographer Nicole Tran Ba Vang uses digitally manipulated human flesh-like clothing to create visual illusions of bodies within bodies.
Claudia Rogge - http://www.claudia-rogge.de
Claudia Rogge creates highly edited photos of human patterns and epic mythical scenes using hundreds of often naked human bodies as her subject matter.
Emma Hack - http://www.emmahackartist.com/
Skin illustrator Emma Hack obscures bodies by painting them to disappear into the background.
Olivier Valsecchi - http://www.oliviervalsecchi.com/
Dust, a recent project by French artist and photographer Olivier Valsecchi, casts the human form in ethereal clouds of dust, trapping their forms "between animated and disembodied" states of being.
Bella Volen - http://www.bella-volen.com/fine-art-body-painting.html
Austrian visual artist Bella Volen transforms the body into a canvas that defies the eye.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...