Weekly beauty buzz: Elle MacPherson's fountain of youth revealed
Friday 09 July 2010
Catch up with beauty news from the week ending July 9 with these links.
Supermodel Elle MacPherson, whose first episode of Britain's Next Top Model aired this week, pops powdered rhino horn pills in order to keep looking youthful. She claims she didn't know that these can only be obtained by killing endangered rhinos. ( Huffington Post)
In any case, models seem to be more honest about how little (or what absurdities) they eat and how much they work out in order to maintain their bodies. ( BlackBook)
Yet, some are doubting how honest Crystal Renn's agent is. One of the most famous and most outspoken plus-size models seems to have lost a considerable amount of weight, but Gary Dakin says: "She's an amazing model. She can make herself look bigger or smaller depending on what the client wants." ( Fashionista)
It-model, Dree Hamingway stars in Ferragamo's new Attimo fragrance campaign. ( WWD)
Jared Leto shocked his fans with a bleached mohawk in Paris during the haute couture shows this week. ( MTV Style)
German designer, Patrick Mohr took the beard trend a step too far. But have a look for yourself. ( Styleite)
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£17000 - £17800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to work ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a digital speci...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Operation...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This global leading software co...