Weekly beauty tutorials: a New York state of mind
Thursday 17 February 2011
Fashion's only half the fun of fashion week: get inspired by New York designers' beauty looks.
Inspirations for beauty looks seemed to draw more on male icons than female ones during New York Fashion Week, with many looks channeling grunge rockers such as Kurt Cobain or Axl Rose, such as at the Nicholas K show. Learn how to prettify the rock chick look with this tutorial.
So-called " nude" makeup - as seen at Michael Kors, for instance - looks so easy and effortless, but makeup pros knows it takes some time and products to look that "undone."
1920s-inspired hair, like at Lela Rose's show, isn't hard to do if you follow these tips.
If your hair is not long enough for the above video, try the following tutorial instead.
Teased hair and high buns (see for example Ruffian's show) stayed popular on New York's runways; here's how to combine the two.
Finally, there were some pretty radical beauty trends to observe on the catwalks: pink hair (Mandy Coon, Richie Rich...) and bleached eyebrows as on Daphne Groeneveld at Michael Kors. Have a look at these two tutorials, but be sure to consult with a hairdresser first.
Pink hair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4J6K2obihA
Bleached eyebrows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSCdL3KzkU
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Required skills include SQL querying, SSRS, u...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: C#.Net Developer - C#, ASP.Net, HTML...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: Senior Business Analyst - Insurance ...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent, growing Sales...