Weekly beauty tutorials: a New York state of mind
Thursday 17 February 2011
Fashion's only half the fun of fashion week: get inspired by New York designers' beauty looks.
Inspirations for beauty looks seemed to draw more on male icons than female ones during New York Fashion Week, with many looks channeling grunge rockers such as Kurt Cobain or Axl Rose, such as at the Nicholas K show. Learn how to prettify the rock chick look with this tutorial.
So-called " nude" makeup - as seen at Michael Kors, for instance - looks so easy and effortless, but makeup pros knows it takes some time and products to look that "undone."
1920s-inspired hair, like at Lela Rose's show, isn't hard to do if you follow these tips.
If your hair is not long enough for the above video, try the following tutorial instead.
Teased hair and high buns (see for example Ruffian's show) stayed popular on New York's runways; here's how to combine the two.
Finally, there were some pretty radical beauty trends to observe on the catwalks: pink hair (Mandy Coon, Richie Rich...) and bleached eyebrows as on Daphne Groeneveld at Michael Kors. Have a look at these two tutorials, but be sure to consult with a hairdresser first.
Pink hair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4J6K2obihA
Bleached eyebrows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSCdL3KzkU
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: how to banish the demon from your Facebook and Twitter news feed
World first as scientists use cold sore virus to attack cancer cells
British people have become 'internationally renowned' for having 'really lousy' teeth
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 'Paracetamol Challenge': Police and teachers issue warning to parents over social media craze
£30 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / MYSQL) i...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive is needed to join one...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software Developer / Software Engineer i...
Voluntary and unpaid, reasonable expenses are reimbursable: Reach Volunteering...