Weekly beauty tutorials: be the belle of the ball
Thursday 06 May 2010
With prom season in full swing and this week's Met Ball, be inspired by the festive spirit in the US and indulge in a big night out (the opera? graduation? the next wedding?). Here are the best looks for modern princesses.
Michelle Phan's prom tutorial focuses on products that will last all night long and look good in photographs.
Juicystar07 creates an expensive-looking makeup application with inexpensive products. If you can't find Dulce Cosmetics anywhere near you, try e.l.f. as an alternative.
Pursebuzz has the hair to match, presenting a romantic style that goes with pretty much every big occasion that might be coming up on your calendar.
For an updo version, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHg7MQuyuOM
TheMakeupChair has a sophisticated and 'grown-up' makeup look for you that is simple and elegant, but creates more effect than your usual evening look (she wore it as a bridesmaid).
If you're just looking for one easy way to stand out, try GeishaPearl's Selena Gomez-inspired big hair tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2Aie6Vhk0 or xsparkage's tips on how to get the perfect red lip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjUayEa1zE.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Alton Towers crash: Four seriously injured and 16 guests trapped as Smiler ride carriages collide
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a solutions / s...
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you inspired to bring new a...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...