Weekly beauty tutorials: couture inspirations
Thursday 27 January 2011
Here's how to achieve some of the most striking looks from this week's haute couture runways.
Valentino's models had tightly braided hair, with the side strands almost resembling cornrows, a look that is hard to achieve on your own. YouTube beauty vlogger Risa shows you how it's done.
Granted: the mohawk is quite a commitment, but if you take hints from Jean Paul Gaultier's punk-inspired show, the hairstyle doesn't have to be as binding as that. Go for a " fauxhawk" instead, as explained in this tutorial.
At Armani, models were wearing blue and purple lipstick, and while these colors might be hard to pull off as a look, dark lipstick in general is a major trend this winter season and suits almost every type.
Dior incorporated flaming red into models' makeup - a color that is seldom used around the eyes. Find a similar look at the following link.
Chanel's thick eyeliner looked almost as if painted on with a felt pen. Experiment with shapes until you find the right "wing" for you; in the meantime, this video will help you get started.
High ponytails have been in vogue for several seasons now, but at Georges Chakra's show, extensions were used - and they were allowed to show. So don't be afraid to try out different hairpieces anymore: it's more about getting creative than looking absolutely perfect. Here's how.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £60000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Scrum M...
£25000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Junior As...
£33000 - £40000 Per Annum Discretionary profit share: The Green Recruitment Co...
£20000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Project C...