Weekly beauty tutorials: Parisian savoir-faire
Friday 11 March 2011
Aching to get that certain "je ne sais quoi?" Here are five beauty looks inspired by Paris fashion week.
Black Swan-inspired eye makeup, as seen at the Mugler show, is perfect to make an impact at a dressup party. This tutorial guides you through the extreme winged eyeliner look.
The best look to get you into a spring mood: Nina Ricci or Gaspard Yurkievich's orange lipstick - it's more wearable than it sounds!
Jean Paul Gaultier's beehive hairstyles may have been a bit over the top for everyday wear but can serve as inspiration for looks using Bumpits.
Smudged eyeshadow goes well with the current grunge trend and was used on many a runway including at Dior. Here is how you use an eyeshadow smudger to grungify every look.
One of the most dominant trends on the Parisian runways was red eyeshadow, which can easily make the eyes look too goth or even inflamed if done the wrong way. Here is how to keep it glamorous.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...