Weekly beauty tutorials: summery looks with this year's trend color turquoise
Thursday 29 July 2010
Pantone predicted turquoise to be the trend color of 2010, and - self-fulfilling prophecy or not - the hue has been popping up on everything from clothes to homewares. In makeup, too, turquoise has been featured in many a summer product palette; here's how to make it look good on you.
This easy-to-follow tutorial uses just two basic colors to go with a turquoise lash line. Minimum effort, maximum effect!
Just like a lot of the warmer hues such as gold and copper, brown goes really well with the trendy shade.
Try pairing turquoise with pink and white as well as black liquid eyeliner for a bold look that works well for the evening.
Paired with yellow, the color gets a futuristic feel.
Lauren Luke has created a mermaid-inspired makeup look that uses sparkly turquoise and copper tones.
This last video might be the most dramatic turquoise look you will find on YouTube. Only recommended if you're celebrating carnival in Rio or attending something of similar dimensions, but definitely fun to recreate.
Life & Style blogs
How to carve a pumpkin for Halloween with this tutorial
Five year old British boy becomes youngest ever qualified computer specialist
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Woman successfully sues Google for showing her with 'part of her breast exposed' on Street View
Halloween 2014: Google celebrates All Hallows' Eve with Doodle
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...