Weekly fashion agenda: CFDA Awards
Friday 04 June 2010
America's biggest fashion awards and Sao Paulo's fashion week are both coming up next week.
New York, US
The ninth edition of the most important fashion awards in the USA will honor the best in American womenswear, menswear and accessories as well as extraordinary accomplishments in journalism, creative vision and lifetime achievement. A Popular Vote Award will also be handed out, while actress Sarah Jessica Parker will host a tribute to the late Alexander McQueen.
Sao Paulo Fashion Week
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Following Fashion Rio last week, Sao Paulo fashion week features shows by Rosa Cha, Colcci, and Ana Salazar as well as much-anticipated appearances by the league of Brazilian supermodels.
Princess Diana's dress auctioned
The black Emanuel dress worn by Lady Di to her first public appearance in 1981 will go under the hammer at London's Kerry Taylor Auctions. Bidding starts at £50,000 pounds (around $76,000).
The fair is increasingly positioning itself as must-see in the fashion calendar, with Jil Sander's Raf Simons presenting his men's range and Haider Ackerman visiting the women's event as its special guest, staging a performance at the Palazzo Corsini.
From June 19
Collections will be showcased in European fashion capitals, with Milan starting the presentations June 19 - highlights will include Dolce & Gabbana celebrating 20 years in menswear - and Paris following June 24.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...