Weekly fashion agenda: Uniqlo opens in Shanghai
Friday 14 May 2010
May is wedding month, but if you want to know what brides will be wearing
next season, pay close attention to what designers will be showing in Barcelona this week.
Uniqlo store opening
Following its New York, London and Paris flagship openings, Uniqlo is launching its biggest international store (outside Japan) to date, boasting 3,600 square meters on three floors at 969 west Nanjing Road.
Barcelona Bridal Week
The bridal week, which sees shows and presentations from domestic and international designers including Pronovias (Spain) and Cymbeline (France), shares a spot with New York Bridal Week as the leading event in the field. Moreover, the event celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
Viktor & Rolf: Dolls
May 19 - July 16
The designers will exhibit miniature versions of their creations, presented on dolls, at the Studio Job Gallery, open Tuesday to Friday, 2pm-6pm.
Osman Yousefzada at the V&A's Fashion in Motion
The designer will show how his pieces, modeled by contemporary dancers, move with the body as part of the museum's popular series, which in the past involved Giles Deacon, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Gareth Pugh and Vivienne Westwood.
Eco-Fashion: Going Green
May 25 - November 26
New York, US
The FIT's new exhibit will explore fashion's relationship with the environment, referring to the work of designers - like Edun, Bodkin, FIN, and NOIR - who use, produce, and promote sustainable, ethical, and environmentally-conscious products.
'Sex and the City 2
' movie premiere
Set to hit US theaters on May 28 and most European cinemas on June 2, the sequel will catch up with the stars of the fashionable TV series, who are trying to master life in the Big Apple (and in Abu Dhabi where the four girlfriends go for a stylish retreat).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£30000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior DBA (SQ...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Business Anal...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Global leading Energy Tra...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: CXL, Triple Po...