Weekly fashion agenda: Vanessa Bruno moves stateside
Friday 23 July 2010
Following her Frenchie friends Isabel Marant and Paul & Joe, among others, Parisian designer Vanessa Bruno is opening her first store in the US. Plus: Madonna's fashion range launches at Macy's, and fashion weeks move up north.
Vanessa Bruno store opening
Los Angeles, USA
The Parisian favorite is heading stateside with a new Hollywood boutique. Bruno's outpost will be located at 8448 Melrose Avenue, not far from Diane von Furstenberg and Marc Jacobs's stores.
Material Girl launches at Macy's
Madonna and her daughter Lourdes's fashion line will feature mainly 1980s-inspired clothes, with most items costing below $40.
Copenhagen Fashion Week
Apart from the usual designers showing their collections, the Copenhagen Fashion Council has announced it will stage a larger-than-life fashion show on the city's longest shopping street, Strøget, featuring 200 models and an audience of 100,000 people.
1st Munich fashion week
Amid a discussion of whether or not it's a good thing that more and more cities are launching their own fashion weeks, the Bavarian 'capital' has announced its first event.
Stockholm Fashion Week
The Swedish capital has lost many of its leading brands to bigger fashion weeks (e.g., Acne, which will be showing in London this fall), but remains a great talent-scouting playground.
Rosemount Sydney Fashion Festival
Brought to you by the same team responsible for Australian Fashion Week, the festival features ticketed fashion events for the public, showcasing Australia's leading designer brands and retailers as their collections arrive in stores throughout the city.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...