Weekly fashion buzz: Lindsay Lohan heads to prison in style
Friday 09 July 2010
Catch up with fashion news from the week ending July 9 with these links.
Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 90 days in prison for violating the terms of her probation, even though she did her best to distract the judges: three outfit changes in just one day at court! Maybe her nail art, reading "F*ck You" reminded them of why she was there. The only good news for LiLo? Industry sources think her leggings line 6126 could profit from the publicity. But that suddenly sounds like a prisoner's number. ( Styleite)
Word on the street is Taylor Momsen could be the face of Madonna's clothing line for Macy's. ( Taylor Momsen Network)
French model Noemie Lenoir appears in her first editorial after her suicide attempt, posing nude for V. ( Coco Perez)
Following her fragrance launch with Carol's Daughter and her own t-shirt line, R'n'B singer, Mary J. Blige is releasing eyewear. ( WWD)
Prior to the release of Toy Story 3, Barbie's boyfriend, Ken stars in an editorial in Esquire UK. ( Fashionista)
Shakira's outfit for the World Cup finale, designed by Roberto Cavalli, seems to have drawn some inspiration from German soccer "mascot" (well, not anymore), Paul the octopus. ( InStyle)
Megan Fox's surprisingly traditional wedding dress, worn to her Hawaiian wedding to fellow actor Brian Austin Green, was designed by Armani. Fox is an underwear model for the brand. ( People)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...