Weekly fashion buzz: Noémie Lenoir's attempted suicide
Friday 14 May 2010
Just months after the suicide of Korean model Daul Kim shook the fashion world, another Paris-based model has tried to kill herself. Catch up with fashion news from the week ending May 14 with these links.
Top model Noémie Lenoir was found unconscious outside Paris after what appears to be attempted suicide. According to the Paris police, she was treated for the effects of an overdose and is now recovering. ( Daily Mail)
Pierre Bergé is selling Yves Saint Laurent's Paris apartment for $30.5 million. It measures more than 500 square meters. ( Le Parisien)
Anna Wintour is going under the hammer again: after a week with her at the US Vogue offices went for $42,500, you can now bid for a 'date' with her. The package also includes an Alexander Wang and a Proenza Schouler bag, tickets to a Fashion Week show, a $1,000 Christian Louboutin gift certificate, and one night at the Bowery Hotel. ( Charity Buzz)
Fashion magazines will have to say bye-bye to nipples if they don't want to get censored by Apple for their iPad apps. ( Shiny Shiny)
Following a very similar campaign by Gucci, Bottega Veneta is taking its ateliers on the road, allowing you to customize their bags. ( WWD)
The dress Salma Hayek wore on the Cannes red carpet was from Gucci's Premiere collection - the label's first 'couture' line. ( Fashionologie)
Shapewear label Spanx has released a range of 'control tops' that can be worn on their own. ( Spanx)
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...