Weekly fashion indicators: (fashion) history repeats itself
Tuesday 21 September 2010
It is said history repeats itself and the trend rankings on Polyvore are no exception: fringe bags, platform heels, vintage jewelry, harem pants and brogue shoes are just some of the trends to re-enter this week's list.
Marni.com, bunnyhug.co.uk, joanshepp.com and bergdorfgoodman.com also re-appear in the hot list of Top sites, while Leighton Meester loses her top spot in the celebrity rankings.
Leighton Meester who plays Blair Waldorf in hit US TV series Gossip Girl was pushed off the top spot by Anna Selezneva who most recently graced the August cover of Spanish Vogue. Meanwhile, teen singers Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez enter the top ten for the first time.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (no change)
3. By Malene Birger (no change)
4. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
5. Steven Alan (+3)
6. Theory (+1)
7. Preen (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (-3)
9. Marni (re-entry)
10. Elizabeth and James (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (no change)
3. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
4. barneys.com (+4)
5. joanshepp.com (re-entry)
6. heels.com (-1)
7. tarinatarantino.com (-3)
8. marni.com (re-entry)
9. bergdorfgoodman.com (re-entry)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
1. Anna Selezneva (+3)
2. Leighton Meester (-1)
3. Blake Lively (-1)
4. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
5. Selena Gomez (new entry)
6. Taylor Swift (new entry)
7. Emma Watson (-2)
8. Lady Gaga (-2)
9. Kristen Stewart (-2)
10.Taylor Momsen (no change)
1. faux fur vests (re-entry)
2. camel coats (+1)
3. fringe bags (re-entry)
4. platform heels (re-entry)
5. vintage jewelry (re-entry)
6. harem pants (re-entry)
7. brogue shoes (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. leather skirts (re-entry)
10. plaid (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...