Weekly fashion indicators: (fashion) history repeats itself
Tuesday 21 September 2010
It is said history repeats itself and the trend rankings on Polyvore are no exception: fringe bags, platform heels, vintage jewelry, harem pants and brogue shoes are just some of the trends to re-enter this week's list.
Marni.com, bunnyhug.co.uk, joanshepp.com and bergdorfgoodman.com also re-appear in the hot list of Top sites, while Leighton Meester loses her top spot in the celebrity rankings.
Leighton Meester who plays Blair Waldorf in hit US TV series Gossip Girl was pushed off the top spot by Anna Selezneva who most recently graced the August cover of Spanish Vogue. Meanwhile, teen singers Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez enter the top ten for the first time.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (no change)
3. By Malene Birger (no change)
4. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
5. Steven Alan (+3)
6. Theory (+1)
7. Preen (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (-3)
9. Marni (re-entry)
10. Elizabeth and James (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (no change)
3. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
4. barneys.com (+4)
5. joanshepp.com (re-entry)
6. heels.com (-1)
7. tarinatarantino.com (-3)
8. marni.com (re-entry)
9. bergdorfgoodman.com (re-entry)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
1. Anna Selezneva (+3)
2. Leighton Meester (-1)
3. Blake Lively (-1)
4. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
5. Selena Gomez (new entry)
6. Taylor Swift (new entry)
7. Emma Watson (-2)
8. Lady Gaga (-2)
9. Kristen Stewart (-2)
10.Taylor Momsen (no change)
1. faux fur vests (re-entry)
2. camel coats (+1)
3. fringe bags (re-entry)
4. platform heels (re-entry)
5. vintage jewelry (re-entry)
6. harem pants (re-entry)
7. brogue shoes (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. leather skirts (re-entry)
10. plaid (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Nine out of ten male prostate cancer sufferers could be treated after 'game-changing' study
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Graduate UI Application Developer - ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: B2B Marketing Manager (Events, Digit...