Weekly fashion indicators: (fashion) history repeats itself
Tuesday 21 September 2010
It is said history repeats itself and the trend rankings on Polyvore are no exception: fringe bags, platform heels, vintage jewelry, harem pants and brogue shoes are just some of the trends to re-enter this week's list.
Marni.com, bunnyhug.co.uk, joanshepp.com and bergdorfgoodman.com also re-appear in the hot list of Top sites, while Leighton Meester loses her top spot in the celebrity rankings.
Leighton Meester who plays Blair Waldorf in hit US TV series Gossip Girl was pushed off the top spot by Anna Selezneva who most recently graced the August cover of Spanish Vogue. Meanwhile, teen singers Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez enter the top ten for the first time.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (no change)
3. By Malene Birger (no change)
4. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
5. Steven Alan (+3)
6. Theory (+1)
7. Preen (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (-3)
9. Marni (re-entry)
10. Elizabeth and James (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (no change)
3. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
4. barneys.com (+4)
5. joanshepp.com (re-entry)
6. heels.com (-1)
7. tarinatarantino.com (-3)
8. marni.com (re-entry)
9. bergdorfgoodman.com (re-entry)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
1. Anna Selezneva (+3)
2. Leighton Meester (-1)
3. Blake Lively (-1)
4. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
5. Selena Gomez (new entry)
6. Taylor Swift (new entry)
7. Emma Watson (-2)
8. Lady Gaga (-2)
9. Kristen Stewart (-2)
10.Taylor Momsen (no change)
1. faux fur vests (re-entry)
2. camel coats (+1)
3. fringe bags (re-entry)
4. platform heels (re-entry)
5. vintage jewelry (re-entry)
6. harem pants (re-entry)
7. brogue shoes (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. leather skirts (re-entry)
10. plaid (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £60,000 OTE+Car+Mobile: h2 Recruit Ltd: Business D...
Voluntary : Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for volunteers who will use thei...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This waste services provider is...