Weekly fashion indicators: (fashion) history repeats itself
Tuesday 21 September 2010
It is said history repeats itself and the trend rankings on Polyvore are no exception: fringe bags, platform heels, vintage jewelry, harem pants and brogue shoes are just some of the trends to re-enter this week's list.
Marni.com, bunnyhug.co.uk, joanshepp.com and bergdorfgoodman.com also re-appear in the hot list of Top sites, while Leighton Meester loses her top spot in the celebrity rankings.
Leighton Meester who plays Blair Waldorf in hit US TV series Gossip Girl was pushed off the top spot by Anna Selezneva who most recently graced the August cover of Spanish Vogue. Meanwhile, teen singers Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez enter the top ten for the first time.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (no change)
3. By Malene Birger (no change)
4. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
5. Steven Alan (+3)
6. Theory (+1)
7. Preen (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (-3)
9. Marni (re-entry)
10. Elizabeth and James (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (no change)
3. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
4. barneys.com (+4)
5. joanshepp.com (re-entry)
6. heels.com (-1)
7. tarinatarantino.com (-3)
8. marni.com (re-entry)
9. bergdorfgoodman.com (re-entry)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
1. Anna Selezneva (+3)
2. Leighton Meester (-1)
3. Blake Lively (-1)
4. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
5. Selena Gomez (new entry)
6. Taylor Swift (new entry)
7. Emma Watson (-2)
8. Lady Gaga (-2)
9. Kristen Stewart (-2)
10.Taylor Momsen (no change)
1. faux fur vests (re-entry)
2. camel coats (+1)
3. fringe bags (re-entry)
4. platform heels (re-entry)
5. vintage jewelry (re-entry)
6. harem pants (re-entry)
7. brogue shoes (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. leather skirts (re-entry)
10. plaid (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...