Weekly fashion indicators: (fashion) history repeats itself
Tuesday 21 September 2010
It is said history repeats itself and the trend rankings on Polyvore are no exception: fringe bags, platform heels, vintage jewelry, harem pants and brogue shoes are just some of the trends to re-enter this week's list.
Marni.com, bunnyhug.co.uk, joanshepp.com and bergdorfgoodman.com also re-appear in the hot list of Top sites, while Leighton Meester loses her top spot in the celebrity rankings.
Leighton Meester who plays Blair Waldorf in hit US TV series Gossip Girl was pushed off the top spot by Anna Selezneva who most recently graced the August cover of Spanish Vogue. Meanwhile, teen singers Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez enter the top ten for the first time.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (no change)
3. By Malene Birger (no change)
4. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
5. Steven Alan (+3)
6. Theory (+1)
7. Preen (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (-3)
9. Marni (re-entry)
10. Elizabeth and James (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (no change)
3. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
4. barneys.com (+4)
5. joanshepp.com (re-entry)
6. heels.com (-1)
7. tarinatarantino.com (-3)
8. marni.com (re-entry)
9. bergdorfgoodman.com (re-entry)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
1. Anna Selezneva (+3)
2. Leighton Meester (-1)
3. Blake Lively (-1)
4. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
5. Selena Gomez (new entry)
6. Taylor Swift (new entry)
7. Emma Watson (-2)
8. Lady Gaga (-2)
9. Kristen Stewart (-2)
10.Taylor Momsen (no change)
1. faux fur vests (re-entry)
2. camel coats (+1)
3. fringe bags (re-entry)
4. platform heels (re-entry)
5. vintage jewelry (re-entry)
6. harem pants (re-entry)
7. brogue shoes (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. leather skirts (re-entry)
10. plaid (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to cost the same, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This award-winning company, whi...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique & exciting opp...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will be working with a 8 st...
£8000 - £12000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A unique opportunity has arisen ...