Weekly fashion indicators: fashion month's top brands
Tuesday 15 March 2011
One week after fashion month wrapped up in Paris, Burberry, Alexander McQueen, Proenza Schouler, and Balmain have emerged as the most popular labels on Polyvore.
However, fast fashion still wins with MNG by Mango and H&M occupying the top two spots, just as last week. Scandinavian brands also continue to enthuse Polyvore users, with Danish label Modstrom making its debut this week.
Meanwhile, Black Swan star Mila Kunis makes her first appearance in the site's celebrity ranking, thanks to a highly successful red carpet season during which she was spotted in everything from Alexander McQueen to Elie Saab. Thanks to her first Vogue cover in the US, singer Rihanna is also collecting points among the online fashionistas.
01. MNG by Mango (no change)
02. H&M (no change)
03. Preen (re-entry)
04. TopShop (+2)
05. Burberry Prorsum (+5)
06. Alexander McQueen (re-entry)
07. Proenza Schouler (+2)
08. Sass & Bide (-3)
09. Modstrom (new)
10. Balmain (re-entry)
01. jcpenney.com (no change)
02. aloharag.com (+1)
03. delias.com (+4)
04. intermixonline.com (re-entry)
05. topshop.com (+3)
06. amrag.com (no change)
07. missselfridge.com (new)
08. lagarconne.com (+2)
09. net-a-porter.com (re-entry)
10. rebeccaminkoff.com (-1)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Olivia Palermo (+1)
03. Blake Lively (-1)
04. Audrey Hepburn (+4)
05. Kim Kardashian (-1)
06. Mila Kunis (new)
07. Rihanna (re-entry)
08. Miranda Kerr (+2)
09. Jessica Alba (no change)
10. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (re-entry)
01. oversized watches (no change)
02. denim shirts (+3)
03. feather earrings (no change)
04. flatform shoes (-2)
05. plaid shirts (re-entry)
06. tulle (re-entry)
07. slouchy t-shirts (re-entry)
08. thigh high boots (re-entry)
09. blazers (re-entry)
10. cropped pants (re-entry)
Data collected on March 15.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...