Weekly fashion indicators: go to the max
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Maxi dresses have turned into one of the key trends for this summer, and Polyvore users are using them for hippie-inspired collages on the site.
This year's looks being influenced by looks from the 1960s and 70s could be one reason - summer refusing to start in many Western countries could be another: trends of the week also include bomber jackets and cargo pants.
Anna Molinari is on top of the brands for the third week in a row, followed by Susan Caplan Vintage and Casadei's shoes. Both Alexander McQueen and Emanuel Ungaro have experienced a boost after the appointment of their new creative directors (Sarah Burton and Giles Deacon, respectively).
Handcrafted jewelry is the only new entry in websites (settygallery.com), while in celebrities, Miranda Cosgrove's five minutes of fame seem to be over already. As Heidi Klum said so aptly: "In fashion, one day you're in, the next day you're out."
1. Anna Molinari (no change)
2. Susan Caplan Vintage (+1)
3. Casadei (-1)
4. Alexander McQueen (+5)
5. Rodo (no change)
6. Emanuel Ungaro (no change)
7. Angel Jackson (new)
8. Yves Saint Laurent (re-entry)
9. Givenchy (re-entry)
10. Valentino (re-entry)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (+1)
3. lindestore.com (+1)
4. rachelreinhardt.com (+1)
5. aliceandolivia.com (+2)
6. youheshe.com (no change)
7. 25park.com (+2)
8. thecorner.com (re-entry)
9. settygallery.com (new)
10. theoutnet.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (+1)
2. Kristen Stewart (+3)
3. Lady Gaga (no change)
4. Leighton Meester (no change)
5. Emma Watson (+4)
6. Blake Lively (no change)
7. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+1)
8. Taylor Momsen (-1)
9. Marilyn Monroe (+1)
10. Ashley Greene (new)
1. fingerless gloves (new)
2. bomber jackets (new)
3. cargo pants (new)
4. knuckle rings (-2)
5. leopard print (re-entry)
6. maxi dresses (new)
7. purple heels (new)
8. platform heels (re-entry)
9. chain necklaces (re-entry)
10. ruffled skirts (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Surviving cancer: They were expected to die - yet these childhood-cancer patients knew nothing of their diagnosis
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...