Weekly fashion indicators: go to the max
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Maxi dresses have turned into one of the key trends for this summer, and Polyvore users are using them for hippie-inspired collages on the site.
This year's looks being influenced by looks from the 1960s and 70s could be one reason - summer refusing to start in many Western countries could be another: trends of the week also include bomber jackets and cargo pants.
Anna Molinari is on top of the brands for the third week in a row, followed by Susan Caplan Vintage and Casadei's shoes. Both Alexander McQueen and Emanuel Ungaro have experienced a boost after the appointment of their new creative directors (Sarah Burton and Giles Deacon, respectively).
Handcrafted jewelry is the only new entry in websites (settygallery.com), while in celebrities, Miranda Cosgrove's five minutes of fame seem to be over already. As Heidi Klum said so aptly: "In fashion, one day you're in, the next day you're out."
1. Anna Molinari (no change)
2. Susan Caplan Vintage (+1)
3. Casadei (-1)
4. Alexander McQueen (+5)
5. Rodo (no change)
6. Emanuel Ungaro (no change)
7. Angel Jackson (new)
8. Yves Saint Laurent (re-entry)
9. Givenchy (re-entry)
10. Valentino (re-entry)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (+1)
3. lindestore.com (+1)
4. rachelreinhardt.com (+1)
5. aliceandolivia.com (+2)
6. youheshe.com (no change)
7. 25park.com (+2)
8. thecorner.com (re-entry)
9. settygallery.com (new)
10. theoutnet.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (+1)
2. Kristen Stewart (+3)
3. Lady Gaga (no change)
4. Leighton Meester (no change)
5. Emma Watson (+4)
6. Blake Lively (no change)
7. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+1)
8. Taylor Momsen (-1)
9. Marilyn Monroe (+1)
10. Ashley Greene (new)
1. fingerless gloves (new)
2. bomber jackets (new)
3. cargo pants (new)
4. knuckle rings (-2)
5. leopard print (re-entry)
6. maxi dresses (new)
7. purple heels (new)
8. platform heels (re-entry)
9. chain necklaces (re-entry)
10. ruffled skirts (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
British Breakfast Awards 2015: London restaurant wins prize for inventive take on the Full English
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A PA is required to join a leading provider of...