Weekly fashion indicators: Looking for the ultimate bikini brand?
Tuesday 27 July 2010
Miami's swimwear fashion week and the fact that it is, err, summer has brought about a flood of new labels that make you look your best on the beach. But no brand has gained so much praise for its bikinis as the Australian Zimmermann.
Polyvore users have reacted to this popularity in editorials and are especially inspired by the label's vintage-looking florals, making Zimmermann climb up the top ten brands as well as in websites.
1980s-inspired looks are still dominating the top trends, with new entries including leopard print and cropped tops, while delicate jeweled heels are promising to give fashion's more clunky platforms a run for their money.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2 Vince (+2)
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim (-1)
4. Matthew Williamson (+1)
5. Proenza Schouler (+1)
6. Steven Alan (+1)
7. Alice + Olivia (+3)
8. Zimmermann (+1)
9. T by Alexander Wang (-1)
10. Marni (re-entry)
1. lagarconne.com (+1)
2. tarinatarantino.com (+1)
3. stevenalan.com (-2)
4. mytheresa.com (no change)
5. zimmermannstore.com (+4)
6. marni.com (+4)
7. heels.com (no change)
8. refinery29shops.com (-3)
9. juicycouture.com (re-entry)
10. calypso-celle.com (-2)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Blake Lively (+4)
4. Ashley Greene (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Emma Watson (-2)
7. Taylor Momsen (+1)
8. Lady Gaga (-2)
9. Rihanna (no change)
10. Robert Pattinson (no change)
1. leopard print (re-entry)
2. cropped shirts (new)
3. animal print (re-entry)
4. graphic tees (re-entry)
5. polka dots (re-entry)
6. leggings (re-entry)
7. jeweled heels (new)
8. skinny pants (re-entry)
9. platform heels (re-entry)
10. one shoulder dresses (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 MH370: 'Putin ordered plane to be flown to Kazakhstan space port,' conspiracy theory claims
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: EXETER - A great new opportunity with real pot...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: EXETER - An outstanding senior opportunity for...
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...