Weekly fashion indicators: out with the old
Tuesday 25 May 2010
There aren't many too familiar names to be found in this week's Polyvore trends, with the site's stylists using new or 'hip-again' brands.
Usually dominated by 'big shots,' such as Chanel or Burberry, the top ten brands yield unexpected labels including accessory designer Rodo, shoe brands Paloma Barceló and Casadei, and French retail chain Sandro, while Italian pret-à-porter label Anna Molinari continues its reign.
A similar scenario presents itself when looking at this week's top sites: the usual go-tos including net-à-porter.com or theoutnet.com are nowhere to be seen - instead: conceptual 'fringe' sites such as lindestore.com or 25park.com.
As for celebrities, times are changing, too: Leighton Meester could hold her position for just one week after ousting Audrey Hepburn from the #1 spot, and now, fashion's new it-girl, Miranda Cosgrove can be found here after the actress continually climbed the top ten for the past weeks. Marilyn Monroe has entered the ranking at #10, potentially in tune with the current plus-size trend.
1. Anna Molinari (no change)
2. Casadei (+7)
3. Susan Caplan Vintage (new)
4. Paloma Barceló (no change)
5. Rodo (new)
6. Emanuel Ungaro (re-entry)
7. Chloé (-1)
8. Sandro (new)
9. Alexander McQueen (-7)
10. Proenza Schouler (-5)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. refinery29shops.com (+2)
3. maxandchloe.com (-1)
4. lindestore.com (new)
5. rachelreinhardt.com (new)
6. youheshe.com (+4)
7. aliceandolivia.com (+2)
8. farfetch.com (re-entry)
9. 25park.com (new)
10. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
1. Miranda Cosgrove (+2)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (+2)
4. Leighton Meester (-3)
5. Kristen Stewart (+2)
6. Blake Lively (-2)
7. Taylor Momsen (-1)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (no change)
10. Marilyn Monroe (new)
1. high top sneakers (+1)
2. knuckle rings (-1)
3. fedora hats (+1)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. ballet flats (-2)
6. plaid (re-entry)
7. graphic tees (re-entry)
8. high waisted skirts (-2)
9. gladiator sandals (+1)
10. chain link bracelets (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...