Weekly fashion indicators: out with the old
Wednesday 26 May 2010
There aren't many too familiar names to be found in this week's Polyvore trends, with the site's stylists using new or 'hip-again' brands.
Usually dominated by 'big shots,' such as Chanel or Burberry, the top ten brands yield unexpected labels including accessory designer Rodo, shoe brands Paloma Barceló and Casadei, and French retail chain Sandro, while Italian pret-à-porter label Anna Molinari continues its reign.
A similar scenario presents itself when looking at this week's top sites: the usual go-tos including net-à-porter.com or theoutnet.com are nowhere to be seen - instead: conceptual 'fringe' sites such as lindestore.com or 25park.com.
As for celebrities, times are changing, too: Leighton Meester could hold her position for just one week after ousting Audrey Hepburn from the #1 spot, and now, fashion's new it-girl, Miranda Cosgrove can be found here after the actress continually climbed the top ten for the past weeks. Marilyn Monroe has entered the ranking at #10, potentially in tune with the current plus-size trend.
1. Anna Molinari (no change)
2. Casadei (+7)
3. Susan Caplan Vintage (new)
4. Paloma Barceló (no change)
5. Rodo (new)
6. Emanuel Ungaro (re-entry)
7. Chloé (-1)
8. Sandro (new)
9. Alexander McQueen (-7)
10. Proenza Schouler (-5)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. refinery29shops.com (+2)
3. maxandchloe.com (-1)
4. lindestore.com (new)
5. rachelreinhardt.com (new)
6. youheshe.com (+4)
7. aliceandolivia.com (+2)
8. farfetch.com (re-entry)
9. 25park.com (new)
10. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
1. Miranda Cosgrove (+2)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (+2)
4. Leighton Meester (-3)
5. Kristen Stewart (+2)
6. Blake Lively (-2)
7. Taylor Momsen (-1)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (no change)
10. Marilyn Monroe (new)
1. high top sneakers (+1)
2. knuckle rings (-1)
3. fedora hats (+1)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. ballet flats (-2)
6. plaid (re-entry)
7. graphic tees (re-entry)
8. high waisted skirts (-2)
9. gladiator sandals (+1)
10. chain link bracelets (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
£15600 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...