Weekly fashion indicators: out with the old
There aren't many too familiar names to be found in this week's Polyvore trends, with the site's stylists using new or 'hip-again' brands.
Usually dominated by 'big shots,' such as Chanel or Burberry, the top ten brands yield unexpected labels including accessory designer Rodo, shoe brands Paloma Barceló and Casadei, and French retail chain Sandro, while Italian pret-à-porter label Anna Molinari continues its reign.
A similar scenario presents itself when looking at this week's top sites: the usual go-tos including net-à-porter.com or theoutnet.com are nowhere to be seen - instead: conceptual 'fringe' sites such as lindestore.com or 25park.com.
As for celebrities, times are changing, too: Leighton Meester could hold her position for just one week after ousting Audrey Hepburn from the #1 spot, and now, fashion's new it-girl, Miranda Cosgrove can be found here after the actress continually climbed the top ten for the past weeks. Marilyn Monroe has entered the ranking at #10, potentially in tune with the current plus-size trend.
1. Anna Molinari (no change)
2. Casadei (+7)
3. Susan Caplan Vintage (new)
4. Paloma Barceló (no change)
5. Rodo (new)
6. Emanuel Ungaro (re-entry)
7. Chloé (-1)
8. Sandro (new)
9. Alexander McQueen (-7)
10. Proenza Schouler (-5)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. refinery29shops.com (+2)
3. maxandchloe.com (-1)
4. lindestore.com (new)
5. rachelreinhardt.com (new)
6. youheshe.com (+4)
7. aliceandolivia.com (+2)
8. farfetch.com (re-entry)
9. 25park.com (new)
10. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
1. Miranda Cosgrove (+2)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (+2)
4. Leighton Meester (-3)
5. Kristen Stewart (+2)
6. Blake Lively (-2)
7. Taylor Momsen (-1)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (no change)
10. Marilyn Monroe (new)
1. high top sneakers (+1)
2. knuckle rings (-1)
3. fedora hats (+1)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. ballet flats (-2)
6. plaid (re-entry)
7. graphic tees (re-entry)
8. high waisted skirts (-2)
9. gladiator sandals (+1)
10. chain link bracelets (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
Living with Google Glass: what are they actually like to wear?
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
The 10 Best road-trip gadgets
Splint made by 3D printer used to save baby’s life
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.