Weekly fashion indicators: out with the old
Wednesday 26 May 2010
There aren't many too familiar names to be found in this week's Polyvore trends, with the site's stylists using new or 'hip-again' brands.
Usually dominated by 'big shots,' such as Chanel or Burberry, the top ten brands yield unexpected labels including accessory designer Rodo, shoe brands Paloma Barceló and Casadei, and French retail chain Sandro, while Italian pret-à-porter label Anna Molinari continues its reign.
A similar scenario presents itself when looking at this week's top sites: the usual go-tos including net-à-porter.com or theoutnet.com are nowhere to be seen - instead: conceptual 'fringe' sites such as lindestore.com or 25park.com.
As for celebrities, times are changing, too: Leighton Meester could hold her position for just one week after ousting Audrey Hepburn from the #1 spot, and now, fashion's new it-girl, Miranda Cosgrove can be found here after the actress continually climbed the top ten for the past weeks. Marilyn Monroe has entered the ranking at #10, potentially in tune with the current plus-size trend.
1. Anna Molinari (no change)
2. Casadei (+7)
3. Susan Caplan Vintage (new)
4. Paloma Barceló (no change)
5. Rodo (new)
6. Emanuel Ungaro (re-entry)
7. Chloé (-1)
8. Sandro (new)
9. Alexander McQueen (-7)
10. Proenza Schouler (-5)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. refinery29shops.com (+2)
3. maxandchloe.com (-1)
4. lindestore.com (new)
5. rachelreinhardt.com (new)
6. youheshe.com (+4)
7. aliceandolivia.com (+2)
8. farfetch.com (re-entry)
9. 25park.com (new)
10. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
1. Miranda Cosgrove (+2)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (+2)
4. Leighton Meester (-3)
5. Kristen Stewart (+2)
6. Blake Lively (-2)
7. Taylor Momsen (-1)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (no change)
10. Marilyn Monroe (new)
1. high top sneakers (+1)
2. knuckle rings (-1)
3. fedora hats (+1)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. ballet flats (-2)
6. plaid (re-entry)
7. graphic tees (re-entry)
8. high waisted skirts (-2)
9. gladiator sandals (+1)
10. chain link bracelets (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Cervical cancer: Charity urges women to post messy lipstick selfies to promote smear tests
Broadmoor financial scandal: The £4m of NHS funds wasted at high-security hospital
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...