Weekly fashion indicators: Sweater dresses
Tuesday 14 September 2010
Fall staples of sweater dresses and leather gloves come at the top of Polyvore users' trends this week, while liquid leggings - such as those sported by Elle Macpherson at the launch of TV show
Britain's Next Top Model - make a re-entry at number 6.
Model Anna Selezneva, of the "too hot for US TV" Calvin Klein ad in 2009, is a new addition to the Polyvore celebrity list; most recently the model graced the cover of the August edition of Spanish Vogue.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (+2)
3. By Malene Birger (+4)
4. Alice + Olivia (+1)
5. Stella McCartney (+3)
6. Rebel Yell (re-entry)
7. Theory (new entry)
8. Steven Alan (-2)
9. 3.1 Philip Lim (no change)
10. Current/Elliott (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (+1)
3. idontlikemondays.us (+4)
4. tarinatarantino.com (-2)
5. heels.com (-1)
6. oaknyc.com (no change)
7. refinery29shops.com (-2)
8. barneys.com (new entry)
9. nordstrom.com (new entry)
10. uggaustralia.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Anna Selezneva (new entry)
5. Emma Watson (-1)
6. Lady Gaga (-1)
7. Kristen Stewart (-1)
8. Megan Fox (no change)
9. Kim Kardashian (-2)
10. Taylor Momsen (-1)
1. sweater dresses (new entry)
2. leather gloves (re-entry)
3. camel coats (-1)
4. tusk jewelry (+1)
5. fisherman's sweaters (-4)
6. liquid leggings (re-entry)
7. over the knee socks (re-entry)
8. maxi dresses (re-entry)
9. suede pumps (re-entry)
10. wide leg trousers (-6)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established media firm based in Surrey is ...
£40000 - £470000 per annum + bonus: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / J2EE Devel...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£30000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small technology business ...