Weekly fashion indicators: Sweater dresses
Tuesday 14 September 2010
Fall staples of sweater dresses and leather gloves come at the top of Polyvore users' trends this week, while liquid leggings - such as those sported by Elle Macpherson at the launch of TV show
Britain's Next Top Model - make a re-entry at number 6.
Model Anna Selezneva, of the "too hot for US TV" Calvin Klein ad in 2009, is a new addition to the Polyvore celebrity list; most recently the model graced the cover of the August edition of Spanish Vogue.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (+2)
3. By Malene Birger (+4)
4. Alice + Olivia (+1)
5. Stella McCartney (+3)
6. Rebel Yell (re-entry)
7. Theory (new entry)
8. Steven Alan (-2)
9. 3.1 Philip Lim (no change)
10. Current/Elliott (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (+1)
3. idontlikemondays.us (+4)
4. tarinatarantino.com (-2)
5. heels.com (-1)
6. oaknyc.com (no change)
7. refinery29shops.com (-2)
8. barneys.com (new entry)
9. nordstrom.com (new entry)
10. uggaustralia.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Anna Selezneva (new entry)
5. Emma Watson (-1)
6. Lady Gaga (-1)
7. Kristen Stewart (-1)
8. Megan Fox (no change)
9. Kim Kardashian (-2)
10. Taylor Momsen (-1)
1. sweater dresses (new entry)
2. leather gloves (re-entry)
3. camel coats (-1)
4. tusk jewelry (+1)
5. fisherman's sweaters (-4)
6. liquid leggings (re-entry)
7. over the knee socks (re-entry)
8. maxi dresses (re-entry)
9. suede pumps (re-entry)
10. wide leg trousers (-6)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Big knickers are back: Thongs ain't what they used to be
Woman jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
The big NHS question: Why are there so few new GPs when so many of our keenest brains want to study medicine?
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the ‘demon drink’ - latest news
- 3 Ayyan Ali: Pakistan's top model now appears in the courtroom rather than on the catwalk
- 4 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 5 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: First things first - for the av...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced creative web and...
£17000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity is now ...
£22000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This digital advertising infras...