Weekly fashion indicators: Sweater dresses
Tuesday 14 September 2010
Fall staples of sweater dresses and leather gloves come at the top of Polyvore users' trends this week, while liquid leggings - such as those sported by Elle Macpherson at the launch of TV show
Britain's Next Top Model - make a re-entry at number 6.
Model Anna Selezneva, of the "too hot for US TV" Calvin Klein ad in 2009, is a new addition to the Polyvore celebrity list; most recently the model graced the cover of the August edition of Spanish Vogue.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (+2)
3. By Malene Birger (+4)
4. Alice + Olivia (+1)
5. Stella McCartney (+3)
6. Rebel Yell (re-entry)
7. Theory (new entry)
8. Steven Alan (-2)
9. 3.1 Philip Lim (no change)
10. Current/Elliott (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (+1)
3. idontlikemondays.us (+4)
4. tarinatarantino.com (-2)
5. heels.com (-1)
6. oaknyc.com (no change)
7. refinery29shops.com (-2)
8. barneys.com (new entry)
9. nordstrom.com (new entry)
10. uggaustralia.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Anna Selezneva (new entry)
5. Emma Watson (-1)
6. Lady Gaga (-1)
7. Kristen Stewart (-1)
8. Megan Fox (no change)
9. Kim Kardashian (-2)
10. Taylor Momsen (-1)
1. sweater dresses (new entry)
2. leather gloves (re-entry)
3. camel coats (-1)
4. tusk jewelry (+1)
5. fisherman's sweaters (-4)
6. liquid leggings (re-entry)
7. over the knee socks (re-entry)
8. maxi dresses (re-entry)
9. suede pumps (re-entry)
10. wide leg trousers (-6)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Paris attacks: Do not call Charlie Hebdo killers 'terrorists', BBC says
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Superb opportunity for a BUYING...
£14560 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers personalise...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A really exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£22000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An established, family owned de...