Weekly fashion indicators: Sweater dresses
Tuesday 14 September 2010
Fall staples of sweater dresses and leather gloves come at the top of Polyvore users' trends this week, while liquid leggings - such as those sported by Elle Macpherson at the launch of TV show
Britain's Next Top Model - make a re-entry at number 6.
Model Anna Selezneva, of the "too hot for US TV" Calvin Klein ad in 2009, is a new addition to the Polyvore celebrity list; most recently the model graced the cover of the August edition of Spanish Vogue.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Balmain (+2)
3. By Malene Birger (+4)
4. Alice + Olivia (+1)
5. Stella McCartney (+3)
6. Rebel Yell (re-entry)
7. Theory (new entry)
8. Steven Alan (-2)
9. 3.1 Philip Lim (no change)
10. Current/Elliott (new entry)
1. lagarconne.com (no change)
2. luisaviaroma.com (+1)
3. idontlikemondays.us (+4)
4. tarinatarantino.com (-2)
5. heels.com (-1)
6. oaknyc.com (no change)
7. refinery29shops.com (-2)
8. barneys.com (new entry)
9. nordstrom.com (new entry)
10. uggaustralia.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Anna Selezneva (new entry)
5. Emma Watson (-1)
6. Lady Gaga (-1)
7. Kristen Stewart (-1)
8. Megan Fox (no change)
9. Kim Kardashian (-2)
10. Taylor Momsen (-1)
1. sweater dresses (new entry)
2. leather gloves (re-entry)
3. camel coats (-1)
4. tusk jewelry (+1)
5. fisherman's sweaters (-4)
6. liquid leggings (re-entry)
7. over the knee socks (re-entry)
8. maxi dresses (re-entry)
9. suede pumps (re-entry)
10. wide leg trousers (-6)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
When is a wine made in Piedmont not a Piemonte wine? When EU rules make Italian vineyards invisible
Tinder dating app being used more and more by middle-aged mums and dads
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...