Weekly fashion indicators: that 70s feel
Tuesday 08 February 2011
In the same vein as many of the designers that showed during the recent Copenhagen and Stockholm fashion weeks for Autumn/Winter 2011, Polyvore users are into all things 'groovy' this week.
With trends ranging from rompers and (purple!) platform heels to tie-dye prints and wide brim hats, all that's missing are velvet dresses to make the 1970s comeback complete.
Polyvore's top brands continue to include less high-fashion labels, with H&M, Madewell, Twenty8Twelve, and Arden B all trending in this week's charts.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Madewell (new)
03. Valentino (+1)
04. D&G (re-entry)
05. Chloé (no change)
06. Arden B (new)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (re-entry)
08. Armani Exchange (-5)
09. Twenty 8 Twelve (new)
10. Chanel (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. bergdorfgoodman.com (+1)
03. madewell.com (new)
04. net-a-porter.com (+1)
05. lagarconne.com (+1)
06. frockaholics.com (re-entry)
07. ysl.com (+3)
08. delias.com (re-entry)
09. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
10. matchesfashion.com (-3)
01. Blake Lively (+1)
02. Leighton Meester (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Emma Watson (+1)
06. Kristen Stewart (-1)
07. Megan Fox (re-entry)
08. Taylor Momsen (no change)
09. Rihanna (-2)
10. Miranda Kerr (new)
01. turquoise jewelry (re-entry)
02. mini skirts (re-entry)
03. rompers (re-entry)
04. platform heels (re-entry)
05. tie-dye print (re-entry)
06. cardigans (re-entry)
07. denim shorts (re-entry)
08. printed scarves (re-entry)
09. wide brim hats (new)
10. purple heels (re-entry)
Data collected on February 8.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Midsummer swimwear season is well and truly upon us – but diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£33000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly successfu...