Weekly fashion indicators: that 70s feel
Tuesday 08 February 2011
In the same vein as many of the designers that showed during the recent Copenhagen and Stockholm fashion weeks for Autumn/Winter 2011, Polyvore users are into all things 'groovy' this week.
With trends ranging from rompers and (purple!) platform heels to tie-dye prints and wide brim hats, all that's missing are velvet dresses to make the 1970s comeback complete.
Polyvore's top brands continue to include less high-fashion labels, with H&M, Madewell, Twenty8Twelve, and Arden B all trending in this week's charts.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Madewell (new)
03. Valentino (+1)
04. D&G (re-entry)
05. Chloé (no change)
06. Arden B (new)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (re-entry)
08. Armani Exchange (-5)
09. Twenty 8 Twelve (new)
10. Chanel (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. bergdorfgoodman.com (+1)
03. madewell.com (new)
04. net-a-porter.com (+1)
05. lagarconne.com (+1)
06. frockaholics.com (re-entry)
07. ysl.com (+3)
08. delias.com (re-entry)
09. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
10. matchesfashion.com (-3)
01. Blake Lively (+1)
02. Leighton Meester (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Emma Watson (+1)
06. Kristen Stewart (-1)
07. Megan Fox (re-entry)
08. Taylor Momsen (no change)
09. Rihanna (-2)
10. Miranda Kerr (new)
01. turquoise jewelry (re-entry)
02. mini skirts (re-entry)
03. rompers (re-entry)
04. platform heels (re-entry)
05. tie-dye print (re-entry)
06. cardigans (re-entry)
07. denim shorts (re-entry)
08. printed scarves (re-entry)
09. wide brim hats (new)
10. purple heels (re-entry)
Data collected on February 8.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...