Weekly fashion indicators: that 70s feel
Tuesday 08 February 2011
In the same vein as many of the designers that showed during the recent Copenhagen and Stockholm fashion weeks for Autumn/Winter 2011, Polyvore users are into all things 'groovy' this week.
With trends ranging from rompers and (purple!) platform heels to tie-dye prints and wide brim hats, all that's missing are velvet dresses to make the 1970s comeback complete.
Polyvore's top brands continue to include less high-fashion labels, with H&M, Madewell, Twenty8Twelve, and Arden B all trending in this week's charts.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Madewell (new)
03. Valentino (+1)
04. D&G (re-entry)
05. Chloé (no change)
06. Arden B (new)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (re-entry)
08. Armani Exchange (-5)
09. Twenty 8 Twelve (new)
10. Chanel (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. bergdorfgoodman.com (+1)
03. madewell.com (new)
04. net-a-porter.com (+1)
05. lagarconne.com (+1)
06. frockaholics.com (re-entry)
07. ysl.com (+3)
08. delias.com (re-entry)
09. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
10. matchesfashion.com (-3)
01. Blake Lively (+1)
02. Leighton Meester (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Emma Watson (+1)
06. Kristen Stewart (-1)
07. Megan Fox (re-entry)
08. Taylor Momsen (no change)
09. Rihanna (-2)
10. Miranda Kerr (new)
01. turquoise jewelry (re-entry)
02. mini skirts (re-entry)
03. rompers (re-entry)
04. platform heels (re-entry)
05. tie-dye print (re-entry)
06. cardigans (re-entry)
07. denim shorts (re-entry)
08. printed scarves (re-entry)
09. wide brim hats (new)
10. purple heels (re-entry)
Data collected on February 8.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
£66,192 per annum including car allowance of £5,700): The Richmond Fellowship ...
£16575 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity is ava...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£22000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This traditional family company...