Weekly fashion indicators: that 70s feel
Tuesday 08 February 2011
In the same vein as many of the designers that showed during the recent Copenhagen and Stockholm fashion weeks for Autumn/Winter 2011, Polyvore users are into all things 'groovy' this week.
With trends ranging from rompers and (purple!) platform heels to tie-dye prints and wide brim hats, all that's missing are velvet dresses to make the 1970s comeback complete.
Polyvore's top brands continue to include less high-fashion labels, with H&M, Madewell, Twenty8Twelve, and Arden B all trending in this week's charts.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Madewell (new)
03. Valentino (+1)
04. D&G (re-entry)
05. Chloé (no change)
06. Arden B (new)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (re-entry)
08. Armani Exchange (-5)
09. Twenty 8 Twelve (new)
10. Chanel (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. bergdorfgoodman.com (+1)
03. madewell.com (new)
04. net-a-porter.com (+1)
05. lagarconne.com (+1)
06. frockaholics.com (re-entry)
07. ysl.com (+3)
08. delias.com (re-entry)
09. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
10. matchesfashion.com (-3)
01. Blake Lively (+1)
02. Leighton Meester (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Emma Watson (+1)
06. Kristen Stewart (-1)
07. Megan Fox (re-entry)
08. Taylor Momsen (no change)
09. Rihanna (-2)
10. Miranda Kerr (new)
01. turquoise jewelry (re-entry)
02. mini skirts (re-entry)
03. rompers (re-entry)
04. platform heels (re-entry)
05. tie-dye print (re-entry)
06. cardigans (re-entry)
07. denim shorts (re-entry)
08. printed scarves (re-entry)
09. wide brim hats (new)
10. purple heels (re-entry)
Data collected on February 8.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Follow the latest events from this Champions League fixture
Like Madonna, Sister Cristina Scuccia's video is also set in Venice
Singer says the track was 'force-fed down people's throats'
techThe original free dating app will remain the same, developers say
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in his pocket'
Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
What lies beneath La Perla's 60 years of luxury lingerie?
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Competitive: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Chelmsford a...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, healthcare,25 days: Ashdown Group: An est...
£23000 per annum + pension and 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ...
£27000 per annum + pension, 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ind...