Weekly fashion indicators: the hottest online stores
Tuesday 15 June 2010
Tired of Net-à-Porter & co? Try StyleDrops, BunnyHug, or heels.com instead to get wardrobe updates on the web.
And it's not just Polyvore's websites of the moment that get new input this week - brands, for instance, are topped by hip, new jewelry brand, Lee Angel, while Kurt Geiger's affordable Carvela label has entered the top ten.
As for fashionable celebrities, Old Hollywood (Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe) mingles with the new stars of US cinema including Twilight's Kristen Stewart and Ashley Greene.
1. Lee Angel Jewelry (new)
2. Alexander Wang (re-entry)
3. Chloé (re-entry)
4. Yves Saint Laurent (+4)
5. Emilio Pucci (re-entry)
6. McQ by Alexander McQueen (new)
7. Alexander McQueen (-3)
8. Carvela (new)
9. Halston (re-entry)
10. Miu Miu (re-entry)
1. styledrops.com (new)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. bunnyhug.co.uk (new)
4. calypso-celle.com (re-entry)
5. 25park.com (+2)
6. farfetch.com (re-entry)
7. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
8. ysl.com (re-entry)
9. heels.com (new)
10. karenmillen.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (no change)
4. Emma Watson (+1)
5. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+2)
6. Leighton Meester (-2)
7. Blake Lively (-1)
8. Marilyn Monroe (+1)
9. Taylor Momsen (-1)
10. Ashley Greene (no change)
1. distressed denim (re-entry)
2. fringe bags (re-entry)
3. peep toe shoes (re-entry)
4. ruffle blouses (re-entry)
5. bustier tops (re-entry)
6. denim shorts (re-entry)
7. floral dresses (re-entry)
8. cocktail rings (re-entry)
9. pearl necklaces (re-entry)
10. cuff bracelets (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
The world's first edible garden of cake
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
- 1 Bruce Jenner's 'Interview of the year': Suicidal thoughts, rejection by family members and new wardrobe
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...