Weekly fashion indicators: the hottest online stores
Tuesday 15 June 2010
Tired of Net-à-Porter & co? Try StyleDrops, BunnyHug, or heels.com instead to get wardrobe updates on the web.
And it's not just Polyvore's websites of the moment that get new input this week - brands, for instance, are topped by hip, new jewelry brand, Lee Angel, while Kurt Geiger's affordable Carvela label has entered the top ten.
As for fashionable celebrities, Old Hollywood (Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe) mingles with the new stars of US cinema including Twilight's Kristen Stewart and Ashley Greene.
1. Lee Angel Jewelry (new)
2. Alexander Wang (re-entry)
3. Chloé (re-entry)
4. Yves Saint Laurent (+4)
5. Emilio Pucci (re-entry)
6. McQ by Alexander McQueen (new)
7. Alexander McQueen (-3)
8. Carvela (new)
9. Halston (re-entry)
10. Miu Miu (re-entry)
1. styledrops.com (new)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. bunnyhug.co.uk (new)
4. calypso-celle.com (re-entry)
5. 25park.com (+2)
6. farfetch.com (re-entry)
7. kirnazabete.com (re-entry)
8. ysl.com (re-entry)
9. heels.com (new)
10. karenmillen.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (no change)
4. Emma Watson (+1)
5. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (+2)
6. Leighton Meester (-2)
7. Blake Lively (-1)
8. Marilyn Monroe (+1)
9. Taylor Momsen (-1)
10. Ashley Greene (no change)
1. distressed denim (re-entry)
2. fringe bags (re-entry)
3. peep toe shoes (re-entry)
4. ruffle blouses (re-entry)
5. bustier tops (re-entry)
6. denim shorts (re-entry)
7. floral dresses (re-entry)
8. cocktail rings (re-entry)
9. pearl necklaces (re-entry)
10. cuff bracelets (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again say analysts
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
British supermodel and hitmaker join forces to launch a 'huge song'
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announce they are set to welcome second child in spring
I Am Bread could actually a challenging and nuanced title
Life & Style blogs
Soylent: Could a slug of nutritionally engineered sludge ever replace the leisurely meal?
Jeremy Hunt tells nurses 'path to lower cost is the same as the path to safer care'
Cara Delevingne photographed naked by Mario Testino for Allure magazine
Dear young men: The old stereotypes of what it is to be a 'man' are a load of rubbish
What lies beneath La Perla's 60 years of luxury lingerie?
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
£85 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chester: Day to Day job opportunities f...
£85 - £100 per day: Randstad Education Chester: Are you a Newly Qualified Teac...
£110 - £130 per day + Competitive rates of pay: Randstad Education Reading: Ye...
£110 - £130 per day + Competitive rates of pay: Randstad Education Reading: Pr...