Weekly fashion indicators: top of the shops
Fast fashion retail chains dominate this week's Polyvore charts as Topshop enters the ranking for the first time.
Swedish retailer H&M, still in the number one spot this week, got major popularity boosts recently by announcing US e-commerce (to be launched by the end of the year), releasing a new sustainable fashion line called the Conscious Collection, and Michelle Obama wearing the budget label for an appearance on the Today show.
Following on its heels is UK chain Monsoon, which pleased fashion fans with model Lily Donaldson starring in its dreamy ads this week. US lifestyle brand Madewell and UK superstore Topshop also feature in the brands' top ten, which are gradually transforming into a more accessible, affordable vision of fashion than just a few months ago when high-fashion labels dominated.
Gossip Girl stars continue their musical chairs in the site's chart of most popular celebrities, while its top trends stay loyal to the 1970s, with bucket bags, clogs, and floral prints all ranking in the top ten listing.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Monsoon (re-entry)
03. Madewell (-1)
04. D&G (no change)
05. Helmut Lang (re-entry)
06. Yves Saint Laurent (+1)
07. TopShop (new)
08. Arden B (-2)
09. Lanvin (re-entry)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. madewell.com (+1)
03. lagarconne.com (+2)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. stylebop.com (re-entry)
06. bergdorfgoodman.com (-4)
07. matchesfashion.com (+3)
08. intermixonline.com (re-entry)
09. topshop.com (new)
10. delias.com (-2)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Blake Lively (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Taylor Momsen (+3)
06. Megan Fox (+1)
07. Emma Watson (-2)
08. Taylor Swift (re-entry)
09. Miranda Kerr (+1)
10. Kristen Stewart (-4)
01. bucket bags (re-entry)
02. jumpsuits (+1)
03. multi-chain necklaces (re-entry)
04. big bangles (re-entry)
05. denim shorts (+2)
06. floral print (re-entry)
07. over the knee socks (re-entry)
08. leather leggings (re-entry)
09. cross body bags (re-entry)
10. clogs (re-entry)
Data collected on February 15.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Doctors are allowed to have personal beliefs, just as long as these beliefs do not interfere with th...
BBC journalist Justin Webb talks about his experiences of the advances in preventing heart attacks a...
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Meet David Karp, the 26-year-old high school dropout worth $275m after selling Tumblr to Yahoo
Game on: Xbox 720 and PS4 go head to head with Microsoft set to launch console today
'The ultimate all-in-one home entertainment system': Microsoft finally unveils its Xbox ONE console
Virtually Stephen Fry: Star launches (possibly) the world's most self-regarding app
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...