Weekly fashion indicators: top of the shops
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Fast fashion retail chains dominate this week's Polyvore charts as Topshop enters the ranking for the first time.
Swedish retailer H&M, still in the number one spot this week, got major popularity boosts recently by announcing US e-commerce (to be launched by the end of the year), releasing a new sustainable fashion line called the Conscious Collection, and Michelle Obama wearing the budget label for an appearance on the Today show.
Following on its heels is UK chain Monsoon, which pleased fashion fans with model Lily Donaldson starring in its dreamy ads this week. US lifestyle brand Madewell and UK superstore Topshop also feature in the brands' top ten, which are gradually transforming into a more accessible, affordable vision of fashion than just a few months ago when high-fashion labels dominated.
Gossip Girl stars continue their musical chairs in the site's chart of most popular celebrities, while its top trends stay loyal to the 1970s, with bucket bags, clogs, and floral prints all ranking in the top ten listing.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Monsoon (re-entry)
03. Madewell (-1)
04. D&G (no change)
05. Helmut Lang (re-entry)
06. Yves Saint Laurent (+1)
07. TopShop (new)
08. Arden B (-2)
09. Lanvin (re-entry)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. madewell.com (+1)
03. lagarconne.com (+2)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. stylebop.com (re-entry)
06. bergdorfgoodman.com (-4)
07. matchesfashion.com (+3)
08. intermixonline.com (re-entry)
09. topshop.com (new)
10. delias.com (-2)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Blake Lively (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Taylor Momsen (+3)
06. Megan Fox (+1)
07. Emma Watson (-2)
08. Taylor Swift (re-entry)
09. Miranda Kerr (+1)
10. Kristen Stewart (-4)
01. bucket bags (re-entry)
02. jumpsuits (+1)
03. multi-chain necklaces (re-entry)
04. big bangles (re-entry)
05. denim shorts (+2)
06. floral print (re-entry)
07. over the knee socks (re-entry)
08. leather leggings (re-entry)
09. cross body bags (re-entry)
10. clogs (re-entry)
Data collected on February 15.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
The mother who never gave up on her child abused by the Oxford child sex ring
Britain scrapes into top 25 countries in the world to be a mother in Save the Children report
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Ryan Gosling posts tribute to 'Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal' creator Ryan McHenry
£13676.46 - £16411.61 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment Cons...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Business and Marketing Gr...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...