Weekly fashion indicators: top of the shops
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Fast fashion retail chains dominate this week's Polyvore charts as Topshop enters the ranking for the first time.
Swedish retailer H&M, still in the number one spot this week, got major popularity boosts recently by announcing US e-commerce (to be launched by the end of the year), releasing a new sustainable fashion line called the Conscious Collection, and Michelle Obama wearing the budget label for an appearance on the Today show.
Following on its heels is UK chain Monsoon, which pleased fashion fans with model Lily Donaldson starring in its dreamy ads this week. US lifestyle brand Madewell and UK superstore Topshop also feature in the brands' top ten, which are gradually transforming into a more accessible, affordable vision of fashion than just a few months ago when high-fashion labels dominated.
Gossip Girl stars continue their musical chairs in the site's chart of most popular celebrities, while its top trends stay loyal to the 1970s, with bucket bags, clogs, and floral prints all ranking in the top ten listing.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Monsoon (re-entry)
03. Madewell (-1)
04. D&G (no change)
05. Helmut Lang (re-entry)
06. Yves Saint Laurent (+1)
07. TopShop (new)
08. Arden B (-2)
09. Lanvin (re-entry)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. madewell.com (+1)
03. lagarconne.com (+2)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. stylebop.com (re-entry)
06. bergdorfgoodman.com (-4)
07. matchesfashion.com (+3)
08. intermixonline.com (re-entry)
09. topshop.com (new)
10. delias.com (-2)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Blake Lively (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Taylor Momsen (+3)
06. Megan Fox (+1)
07. Emma Watson (-2)
08. Taylor Swift (re-entry)
09. Miranda Kerr (+1)
10. Kristen Stewart (-4)
01. bucket bags (re-entry)
02. jumpsuits (+1)
03. multi-chain necklaces (re-entry)
04. big bangles (re-entry)
05. denim shorts (+2)
06. floral print (re-entry)
07. over the knee socks (re-entry)
08. leather leggings (re-entry)
09. cross body bags (re-entry)
10. clogs (re-entry)
Data collected on February 15.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Drinking three to five cups of a coffee a day could reduce risk of heart attacks, study finds
- 1 Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£38000 - £48000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This B2B content marketing agen...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: An outstanding new...