Weekly fashion indicators: top of the shops
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Fast fashion retail chains dominate this week's Polyvore charts as Topshop enters the ranking for the first time.
Swedish retailer H&M, still in the number one spot this week, got major popularity boosts recently by announcing US e-commerce (to be launched by the end of the year), releasing a new sustainable fashion line called the Conscious Collection, and Michelle Obama wearing the budget label for an appearance on the Today show.
Following on its heels is UK chain Monsoon, which pleased fashion fans with model Lily Donaldson starring in its dreamy ads this week. US lifestyle brand Madewell and UK superstore Topshop also feature in the brands' top ten, which are gradually transforming into a more accessible, affordable vision of fashion than just a few months ago when high-fashion labels dominated.
Gossip Girl stars continue their musical chairs in the site's chart of most popular celebrities, while its top trends stay loyal to the 1970s, with bucket bags, clogs, and floral prints all ranking in the top ten listing.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Monsoon (re-entry)
03. Madewell (-1)
04. D&G (no change)
05. Helmut Lang (re-entry)
06. Yves Saint Laurent (+1)
07. TopShop (new)
08. Arden B (-2)
09. Lanvin (re-entry)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. madewell.com (+1)
03. lagarconne.com (+2)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. stylebop.com (re-entry)
06. bergdorfgoodman.com (-4)
07. matchesfashion.com (+3)
08. intermixonline.com (re-entry)
09. topshop.com (new)
10. delias.com (-2)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Blake Lively (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Taylor Momsen (+3)
06. Megan Fox (+1)
07. Emma Watson (-2)
08. Taylor Swift (re-entry)
09. Miranda Kerr (+1)
10. Kristen Stewart (-4)
01. bucket bags (re-entry)
02. jumpsuits (+1)
03. multi-chain necklaces (re-entry)
04. big bangles (re-entry)
05. denim shorts (+2)
06. floral print (re-entry)
07. over the knee socks (re-entry)
08. leather leggings (re-entry)
09. cross body bags (re-entry)
10. clogs (re-entry)
Data collected on February 15.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...