Weekly fashion indicators: top of the shops
Tuesday 15 February 2011
Fast fashion retail chains dominate this week's Polyvore charts as Topshop enters the ranking for the first time.
Swedish retailer H&M, still in the number one spot this week, got major popularity boosts recently by announcing US e-commerce (to be launched by the end of the year), releasing a new sustainable fashion line called the Conscious Collection, and Michelle Obama wearing the budget label for an appearance on the Today show.
Following on its heels is UK chain Monsoon, which pleased fashion fans with model Lily Donaldson starring in its dreamy ads this week. US lifestyle brand Madewell and UK superstore Topshop also feature in the brands' top ten, which are gradually transforming into a more accessible, affordable vision of fashion than just a few months ago when high-fashion labels dominated.
Gossip Girl stars continue their musical chairs in the site's chart of most popular celebrities, while its top trends stay loyal to the 1970s, with bucket bags, clogs, and floral prints all ranking in the top ten listing.
01. H&M (no change)
02. Monsoon (re-entry)
03. Madewell (-1)
04. D&G (no change)
05. Helmut Lang (re-entry)
06. Yves Saint Laurent (+1)
07. TopShop (new)
08. Arden B (-2)
09. Lanvin (re-entry)
10. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
01. rebeccaminkoff.com (no change)
02. madewell.com (+1)
03. lagarconne.com (+2)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. stylebop.com (re-entry)
06. bergdorfgoodman.com (-4)
07. matchesfashion.com (+3)
08. intermixonline.com (re-entry)
09. topshop.com (new)
10. delias.com (-2)
01. Leighton Meester (+1)
02. Blake Lively (-1)
03. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
04. Natalie Portman (no change)
05. Taylor Momsen (+3)
06. Megan Fox (+1)
07. Emma Watson (-2)
08. Taylor Swift (re-entry)
09. Miranda Kerr (+1)
10. Kristen Stewart (-4)
01. bucket bags (re-entry)
02. jumpsuits (+1)
03. multi-chain necklaces (re-entry)
04. big bangles (re-entry)
05. denim shorts (+2)
06. floral print (re-entry)
07. over the knee socks (re-entry)
08. leather leggings (re-entry)
09. cross body bags (re-entry)
10. clogs (re-entry)
Data collected on February 15.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£25000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitment Company...
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...