Weekly fashion indicators: unleash your inner animal
Tuesday 22 June 2010
The resort collections already hinted at the fact that animal print is back in a big way, and now it seems like the trend is entering the mainstream.
Polyvore users are particularly fond of leopard (on handbags, platform heels, or leather jackets), zebra (on leggings, blouses, and even ponchos), and snakeskin prints (tunics, dresses, and bikinis).
In brands and websites, jewelry is still going strong with designers such as Lee Angel and stores like Apples of Gold gaining popularity.
Ethical fashion brand Edun has also entered the brands top ten due to a relaunch at Barneys and a much-talked-about t-shirt range for the World Cup, whose proceeds will go to help African projects.
Vanessa Bruno's top ten debut is further proof of US customers increasingly falling for French fashion brands.
In celebrities, the first spots haven't changed in three consecutive weeks, with Audrey Hepburn, Kristen Stewart, and Lady Gaga still holding the top three. The ghost of Marilyn Monroe continues her climb due to recent Hollywood auctions and a resurgent fascination with the curvy star (maybe due to the plus-size trend). Sarah Jessica Parker failed to wow her audience in Sex and the City 2 and re-enters at a disappointing #10.
1. Lee Angel Jewelry (no change)
2. Emilio Pucci (+3)
3. Alexander Wang (-1)
4. Chloé (-1)
5. Halston (+4)
6. Alexander McQueen (+1)
7. Miu Miu (+3)
8. Edun (new)
9. Yves Saint Laurent (-5)
10. Vanessa Bruno (new)
1. styledrops.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. 25park.com (+2)
4. calypso-celle.com (no change)
5. farfetch.com (+1)
6. greenwichjewelers.com (new)
7. kirnazabete.com (no change)
8. applesofgold.com (new)
9. journelle.com (re-entry)
10. bagborroworsteal.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (no change)
4. Emma Watson (no change)
5. Leighton Meester (+1)
6. Marilyn Monroe (+2)
7. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (-2)
8. Blake Lively (-1)
9. Taylor Momsen (no change)
10. Sarah Jessica Parker (re-entry)
1. moccasin shoes (re-entry)
2. studded belts (re-entry)
3. animal print (new)
4. studded handbags (new)
5. big bangles (new)
6. plaid shirts (re-entry)
7. cat eye glasses (re-entry)
8. peep toe booties (new))
9. cardigans (re-entry)
10. sequin tanks (new)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
Topless sunbathing is no longer 'du jour' in France
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
- < Previous
- Next >
£18000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Uncapped Commission Structure: ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting entertainment comp...
£55000 - £75000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: FRONT-END D...
£50 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you looking for a new a...