Weekly fashion indicators: unleash your inner animal
Tuesday 22 June 2010
The resort collections already hinted at the fact that animal print is back in a big way, and now it seems like the trend is entering the mainstream.
Polyvore users are particularly fond of leopard (on handbags, platform heels, or leather jackets), zebra (on leggings, blouses, and even ponchos), and snakeskin prints (tunics, dresses, and bikinis).
In brands and websites, jewelry is still going strong with designers such as Lee Angel and stores like Apples of Gold gaining popularity.
Ethical fashion brand Edun has also entered the brands top ten due to a relaunch at Barneys and a much-talked-about t-shirt range for the World Cup, whose proceeds will go to help African projects.
Vanessa Bruno's top ten debut is further proof of US customers increasingly falling for French fashion brands.
In celebrities, the first spots haven't changed in three consecutive weeks, with Audrey Hepburn, Kristen Stewart, and Lady Gaga still holding the top three. The ghost of Marilyn Monroe continues her climb due to recent Hollywood auctions and a resurgent fascination with the curvy star (maybe due to the plus-size trend). Sarah Jessica Parker failed to wow her audience in Sex and the City 2 and re-enters at a disappointing #10.
1. Lee Angel Jewelry (no change)
2. Emilio Pucci (+3)
3. Alexander Wang (-1)
4. Chloé (-1)
5. Halston (+4)
6. Alexander McQueen (+1)
7. Miu Miu (+3)
8. Edun (new)
9. Yves Saint Laurent (-5)
10. Vanessa Bruno (new)
1. styledrops.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. 25park.com (+2)
4. calypso-celle.com (no change)
5. farfetch.com (+1)
6. greenwichjewelers.com (new)
7. kirnazabete.com (no change)
8. applesofgold.com (new)
9. journelle.com (re-entry)
10. bagborroworsteal.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Lady Gaga (no change)
4. Emma Watson (no change)
5. Leighton Meester (+1)
6. Marilyn Monroe (+2)
7. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (-2)
8. Blake Lively (-1)
9. Taylor Momsen (no change)
10. Sarah Jessica Parker (re-entry)
1. moccasin shoes (re-entry)
2. studded belts (re-entry)
3. animal print (new)
4. studded handbags (new)
5. big bangles (new)
6. plaid shirts (re-entry)
7. cat eye glasses (re-entry)
8. peep toe booties (new))
9. cardigans (re-entry)
10. sequin tanks (new)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet: beautiful screen and slim body mean Android finally has an iPad rival
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
Self-parking Volvo ploughs into journalists after owner neglects to pay for extra feature that stops cars crashing into people
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
£22,400: The Grange Retirement Home: This is a key role which requires a sound...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K YR1: SThree: At SThree, we like to be dif...
£30 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / MYSQL) i...