Weekly fashion videos: best of Miami Swim (i.e., models in bikinis!)
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week SWIM in Miami means half-naked models, spray tan, and pool parties, but if you look closely, there are even a few fashion trends to be found: next summer, it seems, will be all about crochet bikinis, cut-out monokinis, and tribal prints.
Beach Bunny's show included the pieces 'designed' by the Kardashian sisters.
Crochet bikinis and monokinis are back in a big way, and the prettiest ones were by Lisa Maree.
This summer's tribal and geometry print trends in ready-to-wear were successfully translated into swimwear by Mara Hoffman.
Maybe the collection that proved most suitable for the international yachting jetset was Trina Turk's debut at the Miami fashion week, who showcased kaftans, huge floppy hats and sunglasses, as well as killer heels to complement her swimwear.
Don't want to do without the rock'n'roll, even on the beach? The currently so popular sliced-and-studded look also exists in the shape of bikinis, thanks to Red Carter, featuring metallic patches and cleverly placed cut-outs.
Designer Ed Hardy stayed true to his tattooist roots, which he combined with tie-dye fabrics.
Poko Pano was inspired by Brazilian beach culture, with the collection featuring bright colors and banana flower and toucan prints.
Tyler Rose stuck to conventional two-piece beach outfits with girly, colorful prints.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...