Weekly fashion videos: best of Miami Swim (i.e., models in bikinis!)
Thursday 22 July 2010
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week SWIM in Miami means half-naked models, spray tan, and pool parties, but if you look closely, there are even a few fashion trends to be found: next summer, it seems, will be all about crochet bikinis, cut-out monokinis, and tribal prints.
Beach Bunny's show included the pieces 'designed' by the Kardashian sisters.
Crochet bikinis and monokinis are back in a big way, and the prettiest ones were by Lisa Maree.
This summer's tribal and geometry print trends in ready-to-wear were successfully translated into swimwear by Mara Hoffman.
Maybe the collection that proved most suitable for the international yachting jetset was Trina Turk's debut at the Miami fashion week, who showcased kaftans, huge floppy hats and sunglasses, as well as killer heels to complement her swimwear.
Don't want to do without the rock'n'roll, even on the beach? The currently so popular sliced-and-studded look also exists in the shape of bikinis, thanks to Red Carter, featuring metallic patches and cleverly placed cut-outs.
Designer Ed Hardy stayed true to his tattooist roots, which he combined with tie-dye fabrics.
Poko Pano was inspired by Brazilian beach culture, with the collection featuring bright colors and banana flower and toucan prints.
Tyler Rose stuck to conventional two-piece beach outfits with girly, colorful prints.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...