Weekly fashion videos: Fashion Rio
Thursday 03 June 2010
Shortly before Sao Paulo Fashion Week kicks off June 8, designers showed their signature beachy and instantly wearable pieces at Fashion Rio, which wrapped up June 1.
Triya does what Brazil does best, from tight and bright summer dresses to sophisticated swimwear.
For more bikinis, check out the Salinas show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMWQxb9wrtE
Juliana Jabour presented an eclectic mix of boyfriend blazers, jumpsuits, and flowy blouses.
Lucas Nascimento drew on interiors for his latest collection, which featured pleated curtain- or marble-inspired designs.
New Order showed pieces that were all about fun, featuring wild pattern mixes, graphic prints, and dresses completely made from plastic.
Téca's show couldn't be more different, sending their models down the runway in elegantly 'retro' designs.
Some of the most truly "ready-to-wear" clothes came courtesy of Andrea Marques.
Patachou and British Colony presented trendy pastels and neutrals.
Auslander dressed both men and women in beachy yet urban pieces.
Walter Rodrigues's floral dresses and turbans were inspired by Africa.
And finally, a healthy dose of "Girl from Ipanema" at Totem:
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...