Weekly fashion videos: Fashion Rio
Thursday 03 June 2010
Shortly before Sao Paulo Fashion Week kicks off June 8, designers showed their signature beachy and instantly wearable pieces at Fashion Rio, which wrapped up June 1.
Triya does what Brazil does best, from tight and bright summer dresses to sophisticated swimwear.
For more bikinis, check out the Salinas show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMWQxb9wrtE
Juliana Jabour presented an eclectic mix of boyfriend blazers, jumpsuits, and flowy blouses.
Lucas Nascimento drew on interiors for his latest collection, which featured pleated curtain- or marble-inspired designs.
New Order showed pieces that were all about fun, featuring wild pattern mixes, graphic prints, and dresses completely made from plastic.
Téca's show couldn't be more different, sending their models down the runway in elegantly 'retro' designs.
Some of the most truly "ready-to-wear" clothes came courtesy of Andrea Marques.
Patachou and British Colony presented trendy pastels and neutrals.
Auslander dressed both men and women in beachy yet urban pieces.
Walter Rodrigues's floral dresses and turbans were inspired by Africa.
And finally, a healthy dose of "Girl from Ipanema" at Totem:
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Dynamics CRM D...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Web Developer ...
£50000 - £67000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# R&D .NE...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...